Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the story. Remember my High compression all motor build? Ok Finally got up alittle extra cheddar to get it dyno tuned. When I get to the tuner, he says it sounds like i have a misfire. Long story short we decide to do a compression check. Results: Cylinder 1: 175 Cylinder 2:125 Cylinder 3:125 Cylinder 4:110. So freaking out, we decide to do a leak down test. Results: Cylinder 1: 45% Cylinder 2 & 3: 40% Cylinder 4: 68%
We also determined that the Intake valves were seated right and leaking bad.
Theories:
1. Driving it too hard untuned.
2. Not driving hard enough for seating the rings and seals.
3. Detonation
So we finally opened her up today.
Results: See for yourself. Great machine work eh?

How much thousands were those feeler gauges set?

Heres the heat gauges on the block and head. Still good as new.

\
Its also hard to see in the pics, but the valves were not seated either...This is a pic of the two worst ones.

Now that we have the results......Discuss

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
so the piston rings are shot?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CAMS in Florida did the block, and they are stand size 87mm. They apparently used oversized sleeves on standard sized pistons.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have before we opened it up, and he said if it wads his fault he wouldn't pay my mechanic to pull it out, but he would fix his issue.

In other words, I pay ANOTHER 1k for his screw up, he'll rebuild it for free......

Oh no, pics, movies, receipts.....He can be taken to court, gonna call him on monday and fill him in on his options.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,277 Posts
We have before we opened it up, and he said if it wads his fault he wouldn't pay my mechanic to pull it out, but he would fix his issue.

In other words, I pay ANOTHER 1k for his screw up, he'll rebuild it for free......

Oh no, pics, movies, receipts.....He can be taken to court, gonna call him on monday and fill him in on his options.
You'd be fucking crazy not to! It really burns me to see when shops don't stand behind their work like this... there's really no excuse. They messed up, so make it right.:whatsthat:

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I feel for you man, sometimes you just have too wait for karma too come back and bite them hard in the ass.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I hate companies that screw up and act all nonchalant about it.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
bummer dude... good luck with everything

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
buncha bullSHIT! how long were you driving it before you found the problem?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
buncha bullSHIT! how long were you driving it before you found the problem?
All of december, But I kept getting told "I runs like ass beause it just needs to be dyno tuned"

So I went to get it dyno tuned and BAM.........broke motor :)

But thats ok because if it ran pretty peppy with it not built right, really excited to see how she runs with it actually working lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I hope the shop doesn't give you too much grief.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
You wanna know what makes me mad? I can only tell you I told you so. You had a fucking race motor that you we're driving around untined like it was fully tuned. Regardless if he fucked up or not, you fucked up too. Ugh that really chaps my ass. He already offered to duc it for free and you are going to take him to court because he won't pay shop fees? That's weak dude. Fess up to your own mistakes. I saw this coming but whatever.
Posted via Mobile.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Looking through some old threads it looks like he saw it coming as well.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Sorry to come on a little strong and kick you while you are down but saying you would take him to court after he offered to rebuild you another one out of his own pocket hit a hard spot inside me.
Posted via Mobile

1 - 20 of 35 Posts