Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a 1999 Honda prelude with a JDM H22 swap. The car is ready for the dyno on Friday (5/3/22) the engine has scat rods, nippon type s pistons, ported head (both sides) ferrea 5000 flat valves, supertech dual valve springs, skunk2 titanium retainers, skunk2 tuner2 cams, stock cam gears, mega port on stock intake manifold with 2inch rosko spacer, rosko egr delete, custom vstack intake tube, skunk2 70mm TB, 1320 2 piece header (Ik a one piece would flow better, it鈥檚 in the works) vibrant straight through exhaust, 255 Walbro fuel pump, aem fuel rail, 1000cc injectors, e85, stock tranny running on hondata. Any predictions? This is for educational purposes because I鈥檝e seen way too much information with no evidence/build specs. I will be posting results after the dyno even if she blows up 馃槀 (hopefully not) I鈥檓 hoping for 230+ to the wheels.

Opinionated Bastard
I would hazard a guess that ~200whp isn't unreasonable. That's a well put together combo. E85 probably isn't going to gain you much, but it is cheaper than 93 at the pump right now. What tuning platform are you using, Hondata?

Report back your numbers, I have a very similar motor build to your combo and would love to see a graph.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would hazard a guess that ~200whp isn't unreasonable. That's a well put together combo. E85 probably isn't going to gain you much, but it is cheaper than 93 at the pump right now. What tuning platform are you using, Hondata?

Report back your numbers, I have a very similar motor build to your combo and would love to see a graph.
yeah I鈥檓 on hondata s300. And I鈥檝e dyno it once before a long time ago with the nippon type s pistons and scat rods; stock head and stock bolt-ons except for an aem cold air intake that sucks for power and it made 190whp. Not trying to make excuses but the tuner sucked ass and my car was running lean. Nevertheless, I鈥檒l let you guys know how it goes!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I鈥檓 on hondata s300. And I鈥檝e dyno it once before a long time ago with the nippon type s pistons and scat rods; stock head and stock bolt-ons except for an aem cold air intake that sucks for power and it made 190whp. Not trying to make excuses but the tuner sucked ass and my car was running lean. Nevertheless, I鈥檒l let you guys know how it goes!
Also had stock exhaust. Car was all stock except for the pistons and rods and same 1000cc injectors I鈥檓 running right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All that work and you gain 30 hp over what it came with from the factory.
We鈥檙e talking about wheel horsepower bro. The numbers rated from factory that you鈥檙e talking about are at at the crank and at the very best conditions so it can look better on paper. Stock wheel horsepower is around 185. A 40 hp gain is not bad tbh

Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
Better than 40 even. Typically 20% power is lost in the drivetrain.

Stock (5th gen type s) H22A's make 217 at the flywheel from the factory, which is about 174 at the wheels.

If you are measuring 225 at the wheels, that's about 281 at the flywheel.

That's plus 64 at the flywheel or plus 51 at the wheels. Nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts