Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '86 Prelude 1.8L Dual Carb. It currently has 185/70R-13 wheels and tires on it. My Question - What are the reccomended sizes for custom wheels and tires? I don't want the tires to rub in any turn ratio and I still want somewhat of a comfortable ride. My thoughts are... 205/50R-15 or 205/45R-16, anyone else have any sugestions? Also any pictures of your suggested application would be helpful in making my decision.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Right now I'm running 205/60R-13's on my 87. Nice ride plus being a little wider than stock helps a little with the handling. If you want performance and still retain some of the comfort factor I wouldn't go any bigger than 15" rims. If you go bigger than 15" you really start running into rubbing problems (depending on tire size of course). You'll get a little bit stiffer ride with the smaller sidewalls, but it'll definitely improve a 2nd Gen's already good handling. Try checking out http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html it's a tire size calculator. You can use it for experimenting with different sizes and still retain a fairly accurate speedo on your car too...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just bought an '86 Prelude 1.8L Dual Carb. It currently has 185/70R-13 wheels and tires on it. My Question - What are the reccomended sizes for custom wheels and tires? I don't want the tires to rub in any turn ratio and I still want somewhat of a comfortable ride. My thoughts are... 205/50R-15 or 205/45R-16, anyone else have any sugestions? Also any pictures of your suggested application would be helpful in making my decision.

both sets are a good choice as it is the sane hight as your stock setup

now all you have to know is how bid of a rim and how much sidewall you want http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html will sow you the diffenance in the side wall

have any idea on a rim ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts