1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Most people I talked to who bought the replica Mugen kits said they had to put in a few extra hundred dollars to get a body shop to make it fit just right. The real Mugen is fiberglass too, not even sure if it would honestly fit any better than any of these knock-offs.

G

·
the reason why Mugen is so expensive is because you don't have to do any work to get it to fit, Mugen over engineers stuff so you don't have these issues.
Mike

·
Registered
761 Posts
four o two said:
Most people I talked to who bought the replica Mugen kits said they had to put in a few extra hundred dollars to get a body shop to make it fit just right. The real Mugen is fiberglass too, not even sure if it would honestly fit any better than any of these knock-offs.
genuine mugen will fit perfectly perfect.

ps: perfectly

·
Registered
260 Posts
RedH22 said:
well isnt the real mugen kit polyurethine? thatz why itz like over 1000 for the front bumper alone
No dude, it's fiberglass. And it's over a grand because it's i33t from Japan I guess, and people are actually dumb enough to pay for it.

My opinion, get a body man you trust and get him to get a knock-off to fit right, because when the day comes you tag a curb or something, you'll be out less $. :smilejap:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have heard the replica with the best fit is the VIS Techno R. On Honda-Tech, there are numerous threads relating to your question.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Real Mugens are Fiberglass and they cost that $1000 because of the precise mounting holes. Trust me, I've put a genuine mugen kit on and those babies are the easiest to put on by far. They weren't mine though so I only had it for 1 day. In reality though, I cant justify paying for a 1k bumper that might be scratched and scraped, thats just like paying for an investment and then taking a crap on it.

But yea I think if my car didnt have a 3.5 drop, these kits would go very well. oh yea watch out for some duraflex type material that warp, my buddys kit was duraflex and after being put through 100 Degree F heats of California and blistering cold nights, that thing bent like no other mother.

just my .03

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.