Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to wire the left window to do the auto rolldown on the passenger side window as well?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
302 Posts
i've always wanted to do that too. maybe find another switch for the drivers side and replace the passenger one with it? thats about as far as i got for thinking on it when i wanted to do it..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it really that simple? I know nothing about wiringl
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
well yeah, you could do that.
but if you wanted to roll down only one window, youre outta luck.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
adding another switch would be the best way. I mean otherwise everytime you roll down your window at a drive thru or mailbox etc. It would suck balls especialy where I live that has gotten down to -10 F

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've always wanted to do this too!!

I thought to myself hey it's probably as simple as getting another "auto" switch/mechanism put aside the other "auto" switch or as said, maybe connect wires together.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i would love to have the one touch roll up for each window along with the one touch down for the passenger window

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
find out the circut and the parts for the drives side window and copy it, if you want the pasengers side auto rolldown on both switches, just run them paralell to eachother.
as far as i know, the only difference between the auto switch and the manual hold down switch is that the auto is a two way unit with a retainer circut to hold the connection until the window overload trips.

i want to do this one day too!
good luck

the haynes manual will be you friend!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
or just keep it rolled back.
i like to have my cigarette in my right hand, so the sun roof is really good for ashing, cuz i dont like using the ashtray.
it gets stinky.
like old taco bell.

plus, i keep my change in there..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
it gets stinky.
like old taco bell.
do u know how to fix that.....DONT SMOKE!!!!!!!!. LOL

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
try looking up the wireing on a bmw or sumthing like that i know my boss's bmw does that I always like that

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
This is a great idea. When I'm shooting my Sig out the passenger side window, I really hate having to keep my finger on that stupid switch.

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Yeah I smoke too, I know on car alarms they use a generic dei brand window roll up module to completely open sunroofs from your key fob if nothing else maybe you could use one of those. They are just like $15-$25 on ebay. Now I know most alarm brains use very small like milliamp triggers for power wire. I have an alarm and window module for windows and sunroof that I plan to install soon if I can get it in the garage. If you don't figure out something maybe I can tell you later on. However on my parents old 90 t-bird souper coupe we actually had one cig blow back in from the sunroof on the highway. meh. little rolling wind on the roof I guess. meh.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
how the fuck did that happen? lol
i love ashing out the sun roof, itll be especially nifty when i start driving shift.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
so if I add another switch for the driver side window will it work?

I'll try this today when I get home.

On this same note does anyone know how to wire the windows so they go up when you activate your alarm?
dei makes a window module for this as well as other alarm manufaturers. its basically a royal pain. if you decide to install it then be sure to route the wiring back into the car, because when the modules get wet, the windows get a mind of there own. after installing a bunch, best option is in the car. you will have to cut your window harness in half at the switches and direct all of the wires into the car, and i have never successfully fished a 3g door boot. two really bad 90's and its taped tight. you will need to drill door and body to add another boot. they aren't really worth it imo. just a cool factor is all.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts