Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i am contemplating getting a no2 kit for my 98 lude... my friend has it in his mustang as a wet kit and he swears by a wet system, i understand the benefits of a wet system that u dont run the risk of leaning your engine out because more fuel is also injected etc etc. but if i ran just a small dry shot like a 50 shop tops of dry would i need a tune to compensate for that? Im going to be getting my car tuned on a hondata s300 if that helps at all. I just wanted to see what you guys have a better experience with, because obviously a stang is alot different than a prelude haha.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Always safer to tune n20,,, Also I have a dry kit, I like dry kits better because you do not have fuel in your intake manifold, with a wet kit it is possible to blow up your intake manifold due to a mistake.

·
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
4,376 Posts
Both of you are right.... To say the truth... a wet kit is tuned mechanically.. by tuning up the jets...but its safer if you retard the timing a little bit (with a tune, thats it) in the case of a dry kit... you certainly NEED to electronically tune the engine so you dont lean out plus you need also to retard timing a little.

For me... but this is only my honest opinion, you want to re-tune you car no matter how big the shot is and the type of kit.

Said all that... hondata has an excelent nitrous control. So you will be fine.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
excatally what was said above
a dry kit w tuned map on the spray that is activated via a switch
your tunner will be able help you srt-up
so the cars is good too go n/a and on spray

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks for then info guys. haha me and shaylude01 will be going on a 5hr journey to get our cars tuned by an awesome tuner in lethbridge lol. im excited.

·
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
4,376 Posts
sweet thanks for then info guys. haha me and shaylude01 will be going on a 5hr journey to get our cars tuned by an awesome tuner in lethbridge lol. im excited.
HHhaha seems that i made a good Job with Shaylude then. He can explain you on the trip. Good luck for both of you and please drive carefully. Try to get some vídeos of the tuning session.

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
HHhaha seems that i made a good Job with Shaylude then. He can explain you on the trip. Good luck for both of you and please drive carefully. Try to get some vídeos of the tuning session.
^^Your gonna have to wait a while because were not going untill spring!!!! hahaha

And yeaahhh.... Hondata has 2 nitrous auxilarys that change over to a nitrous map once activated. So if you have it then make sure you have it by the time we go to get tuned... otherwise your fucked. I would NEVER run nitrous in a honda motor without tune for it. Your just asking for problems right there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have pretty much decided to go with wet when the time comes, however im planning on running a IM with the EGR blocked off, is this still safe when using a wet no2 shot?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts