Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered up a solid 400-500$ complete LED setup for my entire interior and exterior every single little light and bulb and noticed that no matter what the passenger side DRL bulb sticks out into the housing what seems to be normally and the drivers side is kind of almost like it's inside or offset inside the housing sitting back farther. I've swapped bulbs, different led sizes from other lights in the car that are smaller/bigger, taken the headlights fully off the car and everything and the molding are the same no issues at all that i can see and they are fully locked in. I was starting to wonder if this wasn't just how they are normally maybe from the factory? Can't remember how they sat before the LEDS and I couldnt really find any other close up prelude member shots that had canadian Ludes with DRL's.

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both are oem style Depo replacements that I have retrofitted and gotten brand new. I do have 2 spare sets of actual oem ones but with broken tabs I guess i could try. When you say inside do you mean like the top picture where it dosen't stick out into the housing a lot?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Josh...those aren't DRLs, they're parking lights hahah

And the LEDs should sit like your first pic. I want you to check the following things..

1. Check that the parking light adapter slot is in fact well turned/installed. Sometimes, the adapter tends to get two of slot markers in the hole with another one hanging outside. Slot markers being the thing that allows you to align the adapter to the housing.

2. Make sure that the base of the LED doesn't have a different dimension than the other ones. I've dealt with LED bulbs that vary in size when it comes to their plastic base

3. I would tell you to check whether the reflector is aligned but you already stated that the other bulbs looks fine.

4. Assuming you have plenty of t10/194 bulbs....are you able to swap that bulb with something else? Maybe your map/dome lights?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i'm going over for a third check later today I had 5mins last night to look and honestly every looked identicle and swapping the bulbs did nothing and they're for sure the same but then I noticed one weird issue. I will take pics shortly but guarenteed 100% the mold for the 4 slots sits farther away on the light that is sunken in while the mold sits really close on the light that is far foward in the shroud. Is it possible that somehow that happened when I put the lights back together from the retrofit? I mean theyre 110% in the groove and sealed as far as I could press them in. If not it must be a legitment molding issue that I only just realised now with the light.

One other thing I noticed is the side that sticks out farther or more into the bowl seems to be super solid and sturdy why the side that is sunken in I barley have to touch or wiggle for it to have alot of play and movement in it even though i know its seated in properly. Going out for a check again soon!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As you can see the bases are the same although i did try my other interior bulbs and the outcome was no different and both leds fit tight and have no differences. You can see one light is a bit brighter then the other due to sticking out farther. I could only find two issues and they honestly were probably like it since I got the lights 2yrs ago but never noticed. The sunken in side no doubt about it the actual casting dosent sit as close to the chrome in the housing which is 100% my issue i'm confident at this point after literally a couple hours fiddling around i'll have to live with it untill I do another retrofit probably next winter : ). god danm hardcore OCD sucks : ( lol thanks though everyone!

Also in the third pic with the small red wire running behinde the port you can kind of even tell the mold/casting for the insert even sits closer to the chrome in the light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts