Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys .... me again!

I wanted to use my wipers yesterday to wipe away some slush .... passenger wiper working fine >> drivers side just lays there like a dead fish ..... what happened??

I did some research .... is it the bolt?? Does it need tightening?? How do I do that?? Or is it the mechanism?? Perhaps something else?? Is this a DIY fix or should I take it in for service??

Suggestions, ideas, stories of your own appreciated!

Thanks,
~Kat

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hi guys .... me again!

I wanted to use my wipers yesterday to wipe away some slush .... passenger wiper working fine >> drivers side just lays there like a dead fish ..... what happened??

I did some research .... is it the bolt?? Does it need tightening?? How do I do that?? Or is it the mechanism?? Perhaps something else?? Is this a DIY fix or should I take it in for service??

Suggestions, ideas, stories of your own appreciated!

Thanks,
~Kat
Why don't you check it out for yourself??? Most likely the nut is loose. I think it takes a 10 or 12mm socket.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't you check it out for yourself??? Most likely the nut is loose. I think it takes a 10 or 12mm socket.
Ummmm, I did check it out myself ... hence why I am posting on here! I will be the first to admit that i just "don't get it".

I have the basics in tools ... no sockets ( I don't even know what normal girl would have tools like that). Normally I would have my Dad or brother take care of it, but since they are over 2 hours away from me I will have to wait untill the weekend when I visit them.

I asked if this is something I could do myself, cause if it is simple enough (and there is nothing I can potentially screw up) maybe I can figure it out .....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Ummmm, I did check it out myself ... hence why I am posting on here! I will be the first to admit that i just "don't get it".

I have the basics in tools ... no sockets ( I don't even know what normal girl would have tools like that). Normally I would have my Dad or brother take care of it, but since they are over 2 hours away from me I will have to wait untill the weekend when I visit them.

I asked if this is something I could do myself, cause if it is simple enough (and there is nothing I can potentially screw up) maybe I can figure it out .....
Its pretty hard to mess up. A 14mm wrench would work too. Pliers would always work, but you'd scrape it if your not careful enough. It helps to fold the wiper arm up after the bolt is off to remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts