Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Elite bitches
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys,

I have been looking like crazy for 3gen door sills. As a lot of us know they are either impossible to get or don't exist. I have been doing research online and found a company that does custom ones that illuminate when the door opens.
I would like to know if anyone besides me is interested in some. The price quoted was between $100 and $145 depending on the amount of pcs that need to be made.
In addition we would need to decide what type of design we would get. for example having it read "Prelude", "Prelude Si", or even "Prelude Si 4ws"

The exact design would be discussed among thoses intrested.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I like the idea, but I'm thinking that these will be like the floor mats. If they use the words Honda or Prelude, Honda will threaten them with a lawsuit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd be down even if they just said "Si"

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
we might be able to alter it?
If you alter the font fewer people would be interested I'm sure. You could probably get away with copying the design of the sills and selling blank ones. But I seriously doubt they'll get away with making any with Prelude or Honda printed in any font.

I'd be down even if they just said "Si"
I would guess that Honda wouldn't like that either, but I don't know for sure. Best bet would be for the company to contact Honda and find out what the limitations would be for this.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I like the idea, but I'm thinking that these will be like the floor mats. If they use the words Honda or Prelude, Honda will threaten them with a lawsuit.
What if they weren't mass produced? To my knowledge, Honda can't keep you from making "custom" pieces for yourself. Mass production on the other hand they might mind.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
What if they weren't mass produced? To my knowledge, Honda can't keep you from making "custom" pieces for yourself. Mass production on the other hand they might mind.
wrong. they can being action against ANY unauthorized use of their name or their products names.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I don't have the specs, but I got a shizz load of pictures.

Danny_d19 has the actual sills; he may be able to help us out.

Let's just make it a custom-exclusive group buy, and keep it on the down-low as not to grab any attention.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I'd definitely be down for a set if they look like the picture MugenMachina posted.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That is incorrect, if you make a one off piece for yourself that says "honda" or "prelude" they can't stop you. If you plan to mass market or sale it, than your in trouble.
This is what I thought. If full.circle is correct I will have to remove my shift boot before "Honda" finds out!:thefinger_red:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts