Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I'm new to this, I've been desperately trying to find a new door remote mirror switch for my 01 Prelude. I have searched the internet with little luck. My switch seems to be dying, the heated mirrors (Canadian Prelude hence mirror defog) no longer work and my passenger side mirror doesn't seem to be responding. The only place I found online had a Ridgeline switch that looked similar to mine but unfortunately according to the retailer won't fit/work with my Prelude. Thanks in advance for your responses, very much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
broken door/firewall wires

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this, I've been desperately trying to find a new door remote mirror switch for my 01 Prelude. I have searched the internet with little luck. My switch seems to be dying, the heated mirrors (Canadian Prelude hence mirror defog) no longer work and my passenger side mirror doesn't seem to be responding. The only place I found online had a Ridgeline switch that looked similar to mine but unfortunately according to the retailer won't fit/work with my Prelude. Thanks in advance for your responses, very much appreciated.
Careful----our preludes/and some civics---had crummy wires leading from the door (and its switches) to the firewall and into the fuse box. I lost both mirror controls and the left radio speakers when the wires broke. Still haven't replaced the broken wires--pulling the fender and opening the cable to find the broken wires

·
Registered
20 Posts
ohh buddy... i know exactly how it feels.. I had the same issue regarding the heated mirrors. first test to see if its actually the switch. first test is easiest but may not work in all cases: while button is in off position, press and hold down for 20-30secs and if the indicator light comes on and you have heat its a faulty switch (faulty as in toggle switch engagement failure). if not, step 2: its a bit technical but basically check the wiring for shorts and grounds are good.
In terms of your passenger side not functioning, Im quite certain that its a wiring issue from the passenger door to x. I say this because if your left functions properly then your right should work too unless theres wiring issue from switch connector to right door. Another possiblity could be that the selector Left/Right function is stuck or there is an open on Right.

ultimately amazon but pricing may be similar if you got it from honda: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-35190-SV4-A12-Control-Assembly/dp/B00KTLG838
in junk yard: try looking for the switch in 97-99 Acura CL, 94+ preludes

* also just wanted to mention: if anyone knows how to change the amber light in the defog button left me know! Ive been able to change all the bulbs except that one lol blue blue blue blue blue amber blue....

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
Be cautious, as the USDM switches will not work with the heated mirrors. Lostchild's link is an incorrect part for your vehicle.

Best bet is your local Honda dealer, or worst case is a local junkyard.

Do inspect the door harness prior to making a purchase, as mentioned by ludedesires. The wires are known for becoming brittle and breaking down over time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be cautious, as the USDM switches will not work with the heated mirrors. Lostchild's link is an incorrect part for your vehicle.

Best bet is your local Honda dealer, or worst case is a local junkyard.

Do inspect the door harness prior to making a purchase, as mentioned by ludedesires. The wires are known for becoming brittle and breaking down over time.
OMG I did not link that..i never seen that before what the... anyways good catch.
supposed to be this one. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-35190-SV4-A12-Control-Assembly/dp/B00KTLG838

1 - 6 of 6 Posts