Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 prelude sh. my issue is with the green connector inside the door jam when you open either the driver door or passenger. There is a rubber protectant thing that covers all these wires. My passenger side window doesn't work, my drivers speaker and my power side mirrors don't work. The shop says that the connector is bad and needs to be replaced on the drivers side but the passengers is ok it's way out too so I should replace both. He told me it's going to be hard to get unless I get it from Honda if they even still sell it. I found a donor car but it's an automatic base prelude, will the connector still work for an sh model?

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Its a common issue, had you done some reasearch on the subject you would have discovered not only that but the fact that they are not available from honda.

A used harness is your best bet. Or just fix the broken wire.

The difference in the harness from an automatic and sh is your current door lights are not in an automatic, so the wires are not in that donor harness

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
if you get same issue than me the wire cut at the door connector

Its a common issue, had you done some reasearch on the subject you would have discovered not only that but the fact that they are not available from honda.

The difference in the harness from an automatic and sh is your current door lights are not in an automatic, so the wires are not in that donor harness
thats whats people should have tell me a week ago on mytopic about similar problem

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I didn't realize this was common issue. My car has the same issue: my driver's side speaker is out and the door locks keep shorting out.

The wiring harness seems to be a bit poorly designed in these cars. I noticed that some of the connectors under the dash have the wires pulled pretty tight for factory fitment.

·
Registered
675 Posts

If you have 6" door speakers installed in the most professional ghetto manner then it could be grounding on the door. My base had that issue. It was done before I got it. If you can smack the door and it works that could be the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts