Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, I've seen those before. They have STi cops now too I believe..

I'm just trying to figure out why there's a windscreen on the middle of the hood???

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Pedestrian Deflector :D

Probably to deflect crap thrown from fleeing vehicles.

Man if the CHP had STi's I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Attaus said:
Yeah, I've seen those before. They have STi cops now too I believe..

I'm just trying to figure out why there's a windscreen on the middle of the hood???
I don't think that those pictures were authentic, (the CO highway patrol STi pictures). I live in Colorado and I've never seen an STi highway patrol car. In fact, a few years back the cops up in Vail were taking a bunch of flack because they had Saab's, (owned by an American company now). They ended up having to get domestics. But since the Skyline is "domestic" in Japan, it's not suprising. BTW, just so everybody knows, Skylines are a dime a dozen in Japan and they all think that Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros are cool.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nah, as far as STi's go I saw a Japanese (identical to above) version.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
BTW, just so everybody knows, Skylines are a dime a dozen in Japan and they all think that Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros are cool.
PSSH! id buy a camaro just to trade one of those guys cars!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
yeah a buddy of mines drill instructer told him about when he was sent to germany he took his mustang cobra svt over with him and sold it over there for 90,000 dollars and when he came back he just baught another one..thats what im talking about that like a 50grand profit

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
because saabs are such a pain in the ass to work on and cost a shitload to fix when wrecked.

One saab at the body shop here hit a dog, went from $400 in damage to the bumper to $12-14,000!!!! for replacing the airbags, taking the whole dash apart and resetting some wiring crap, and after that the tranny started leaking. Something youd want especially after 30,000+ ? They look nice and are nice on the inside, but their true ugliness shows through on wrecks.

Anyways this is an old thread, it was here a while ago showing a few more, including an old school skyline i believe.

O ya forgot to mention, the people in the Saab were ok, there were enough airbags that one more it could be an air baloon. :lol:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Pedestrian Deflector :D

Probably to deflect crap thrown from fleeing vehicles.

Man if the CHP had STi's I'd sign up in a heartbeat.
I would love it if my county got STi's for their new patrol cars. The Tahoe's and Ram's we have now are pretty cool. But the Ram's are already starting to fall apart. I've heard our new patrol cars are going to be Durangos:sigh: .

·
Banned
3,067 Posts
Interesting

I'd give him a run for his money:devil:

·
Registered
168 Posts
jdawgs92ludesi said:
yeah a buddy of mines drill instructer told him about when he was sent to germany he took his mustang cobra svt over with him and sold it over there for 90,000 dollars and when he came back he just baught another one..thats what im talking about that like a 50grand profit

thats great money, i'd be looking into doing something with that much pure profit

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Gainesville Florida has Mercury Marauders patrolling the streets, those things are insanity. They even have "Marauder" windsheild decals, so now every time I see one I think it's a cop.

And of course FHP has Z28 Camaros.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
BTW, just so everybody knows, Skylines are a dime a dozen in Japan and they all think that Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros are cool.

uuuuuuuuuuhhh!!!!! thats why all asian people just about sh*t themselves when they see skylines at autoshows, and then they all stare at it for about 3 hours........ yup that makes sense

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
nebraska state partrol ordered 20-25 police interceptor dodge chargers :twisted: i wanna see these bad boys on the road, but not behind me :lol:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Staties around here use Z28's too.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
flylwsi said:
this has got to be one of the OLDEST reposts EVAR.
where's that "welcome to the internet" pic at?

i saw this picture over 4 years ago!!!!
When I saw that you were the last to post in this thread, I was hoping you said something like that. :|

1 - 20 of 39 Posts