Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
I just got my hands on a 2000 Prelude, I am looking to replace the overheard dome light. Specifically something that changes color by remote.

Is this what I am looking for ?

What specific light connection would I need?
No help here ? :/

Just reading the size in the description is a dead giveaway.
You're trying to put a 35mm long bulb into an area with only 14mm of space between socket end and lens cover. So no, they will not fit.

Factory bulb is a 194 style. There are (3) within the light assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just reading the size in the description is a dead giveaway.
You're trying to put a 35mm long bulb into an area with only 14mm of space between socket end and lens cover. So no, they will not fit.

Factory bulb is a 194 style. There are (3) within the light assembly.
I haven't purchased anything yet. I'm looking for a product where this is possible. I'm open to not using a bulb and wiring the lights straight to the dome wiring. I need to find a way toi remote control that cabin light with multiple color options.
*Edit I see what your saying so any 194 bulb would be what I'm looking for ?

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
I haven't purchased anything yet. I'm looking for a product where this is possible. I'm open to not using a bulb and wiring the lights straight to the dome wiring. I need to find a way toi remote control that cabin light with multiple color options.
*Edit I see what your saying so any 194 bulb would be what I'm looking for ?
Yes. Any 194 style bulb will work but you need to remember only bulbs in that length as well. You could easily remove the map light assembly and gut the internals to install any lighting solution of your choosing. The lens will simply clip back onto place once you're done with the modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts