Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My co-worker just bought a 89 Si 2.0L. The whole car is hacked up and poorly kept up on. Does anyone know where to find upper control arm bushings for this beast? It has A/C and is 5 spd. I can't seem to have any luck finding them. Next option is to find same size bushing off another vehicle and cut it down to size... X.X

Please help.

Edit- front not rear

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
There should be an answer in Kevin's end all poly bushing thread: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301968

I have a full set of UCA's on my shelf. At a quick glance I don't see any difference between the bushings on the front and rear ones, though I could be wrong about that. Just took a quick look as I was writing this reply.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
There are no differences between front and rear upper control arm bushings. Same size.

And we have already established aftermarket solutions for replacing them.

Just search "Upper control Arm bushings" in this section.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
you got four choices. superpro polyurethane, fit no modification expensive. whiteline fit but has to be pressed in polyurethane. prothane have to sand/grind the uca's middle arm to fit. or rubber if they sell the civic or whatever that the whitelines are interchanged from. The rubber if available would have to be pressed in too. However the old ones have to be pressed out or burnt and cut out. I have a method that won't cost much but is best used with a impact gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts