Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so back when i was 14, im 21 now, i got this brand new Traxxas T-Maxx nitro truck. well after i had it about a year it broke(clutch gave out i think) so its been collecting dust for years. when it was brand new it would do about 32 MPH and it was all time 4 wheel drive and a 2 speed transmission. the engine is a TRX.15 capable of spinning at 30,000 rpm's!!! well i got it out about a couple weeks ago and have been doing some upgrades/customizing of my own. im in the process of liquid cooling it and if that doesnt work in gonna try to turbo this thing lol.... so far i took out the front driveshaft and both front axles(now its only 2wd),im trying to make it a street truck so 4wd is not as nessasary anymore. here are some pics for your enjoyment!!! anyone else with these nitro cars or truck please feel free to post your pics and showoff your bad ass toy lol!!

here is a pic of the radiator i have mounted to start my liquid cooled project...turned out nicely!

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
I have always wanted one. Just to much time needed to keep them running right. I know someone is selling a truck in the F/S section, so I know there are others who do this.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea they have to be tuned just right or you will wear out the piston and brass sleeve(cylinder wall)..if they are ran too rich or too lean they will prematurely "burn up" the piston and sleeve. you have to break the engine in also for a couple tanks of gas before you take them full throttle or you stand the change of breaking the engine. but if you treat them right you can have so much fun. they have some cars out now a days that do 70-80 mph stock and when it passes in front of you at full speed you can only see a blur of whatever color the cars body is lol. there have been people that have gotten them to 120 mph and probably quicker.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
no point. I cant even drive 120mph in the city let alone with a remote control car lol. Maybe if I live on a farm.

·
Registered
799 Posts
These little things are fun, I;m more into electric RCs than nitro.
I have a Team Ass. B4 buggy and Team losi XXX-S.
Used to race both of these, its a lot of fun and a lot cheaper than a real car haha.

If you want your T-maxx to be faster invest in a nova rossi engine. .30cc fast as hell.
They also had a 3 speed tranny for it at one point.
You've also basically just converted your t-maxx to a cheaper sportmaxx.

My XXX-s is a 4WD street car that is capable of about 30ish mph on my best battery.
I'm still using the "old school" brushed motors, I guess the new brushless mamba maxx er what ever is whats getting these little electrics over 100mph.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Nice I have a Tamiya TA05, with an rc square drift conversion on it. Its not nitro but I can prolly beat any nitro car in my area, with the right setup. I love it!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These little things are fun, I;m more into electric RCs than nitro.
I have a Team Ass. B4 buggy and Team losi XXX-S.
Used to race both of these, its a lot of fun and a lot cheaper than a real car haha.

If you want your T-maxx to be faster invest in a nova rossi engine. .30cc fast as hell.
They also had a 3 speed tranny for it at one point.
You've also basically just converted your t-maxx to a cheaper sportmaxx.

My XXX-s is a 4WD street car that is capable of about 30ish mph on my best battery.
I'm still using the "old school" brushed motors, I guess the new brushless mamba maxx er what ever is whats getting these little electrics over 100mph.

yea the new brushless motors are the top of the line electronic motors out there right now...i dont know if it gets any better to tell you the truth! i like the more "aggressive" stance my truck sits at right now. once i fill the radiator i got mounted up front with water it wont let the shocks spring back up as much. im also hoping the added weight on the front will hold this thing tight around turns, but i think im gonna have a bit of rear tire pull with sharp turns. i like the electric cars like you got, there light and quick and with the right setup you can do 100+ mph.

·
Registered
259 Posts
u know what after i saw this i had to go out and get my tmaxx that is just like ur old school, ill have to get some pics cuz i have the blue anodized skid plates, lol i even had the dual stainless exhaust on it at one point lol. but yeah these are fun as hell and with a .21 motor even they are sick fast.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good to here it sparked a little fire in you! i have always wanted a dual exhaust but the trx.15 engine i got in it(stock engine) came only with side exhaust. i think there was a couple manufacturers who made a manifold for the .15 but i cant remember that far back lol. i dont really know much about how they changed the chassis over time when it comes to suspension, i think the .21's and 3.3's are a little different than the old school .15 suspension setup. all i got done to mine other than the liquid cooled project pieces are aluminum frame rails, stronger steering servo, aluminum steering bellcrank, and a few custon skidplates made from 22 gage aluminum.

·
Registered
259 Posts
good to here it sparked a little fire in you! i have always wanted a dual exhaust but the trx.15 engine i got in it(stock engine) came only with side exhaust. i think there was a couple manufacturers who made a manifold for the .15 but i cant remember that far back lol. i dont really know much about how they changed the chassis over time when it comes to suspension, i think the .21's and 3.3's are a little different than the old school .15 suspension setup. all i got done to mine other than the liquid cooled project pieces are aluminum frame rails, stronger steering servo, aluminum steering bellcrank, and a few custon skidplates made from 22 gage aluminum.
yeah i know that they beefed the suspension up a little to handle the power increase and also when u put the .21 on the .15 chassis u actually at ful throttle can pull the wheels off the ground. lol even tho i have mine flat suspensioned it still did it to mine when i tried it out and didnt like it as i like to go full throttle all the way around the track and not have to let off. u know what else is funny that alot of guys that i have seen to have nitro cars and ludes have the 3rd gens lol. as we both do. mines H22a tho.

·
Registered
259 Posts
and yeah the side exhaust came stock but i have gotten mine from someone who made them for funu, and also on the .15 motor it lost compression and eventually lost it bad enough to not even want to crank anymore. lol so i am actually in the market for a .21 motor again, just would rather sdpend my money on the head build of the H22a for now. lol if u want to pm me that would be good and also if u know of a good priced .21 that would be good to .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea im afraid the .15 engine i got now wont be enough to push around the added weight from the liquid cooling components im adding to it. but in order to liquid cool my truck i have to use an engine that has marine(boat)heads avalable for it. liquid cooling has no performance benifits but im hoping it will keep the engine from overheatig under tough conditions.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im big into rc i got a one off tmaxx (halfway done) a nitro rustler alot of aluminum on that stamped with snow skis and upgraded motor mini lst with lipo batt (makes a world of diffence just with a lipo batt) micro t My best car was a nitro sport my first rc it would do 80 easy had a .18 on it with 72t spur and 22t pinon

The tmaxx changed alot sence yours came out wider a arms sild carb bigger motor etc. And you might want to take the reverse out if you are trying to make your tmaxx faster trust me its alot of weight for that little truck

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I will try to post up pics last time i tryed tho dident have good luck and post up about the boat head thats sumthing i always wanted to do for fun i was going to use parts off of a liquid cooled computer

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I've got a Jato 3.3 with -
-Traxxas Alumnium Drag Link w/ bearings
-Traxxas Steel Drive Shaft Kit
-RPM A Arms all around
-Traxxas "dual chamber tuned" exhaust with enlarged outlet (for better topend)
-Spektrum DX3.0 Transmitter with Li-Poly 2500Mah 11.1 volt
battery
- 2.2 inch wheel kit with blacked out wheels

The best time i've ever had running it was when i was in a old shut down parking lot. I was doing highspeed passes and i noticed a LEO come into the lot and park in the corner pointing towards me.

I figured i was going to get asked to leave but the cop just sat there watching me. Turns out before she left the lot she drove over and stopped near me and told me "Best speed i could get ya on radar was 62mph" That made my day. Cool cop women FTW.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts