Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had one in the garage for couple years now. Never put it in......Don't like the adapter idea.

Pspec is a really nice complete kit. Was saving to get that........

But should I throw the adapter in?

Has anyone had any problems....I mean it's tightened with a screw.:?:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well a freind gave me a brand new Weapon R. Which is identical.

I'll probebly throw it in. Did you use lock tight?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dude i wouldnt put any adapter on, because it not worth it which is that it will put alot of stress on tour cable, been there done that, and now i have the PSPEC it the best for our lude

·
Registered
670 Posts
dude i wouldnt put any adapter on, because it not worth it which is that it will put alot of stress on tour cable, been there done that, and now i have the PSPEC it the best for our lude
^^hater..

no i didnt use lock tight

how is it not worth it if you get it for free?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the adapter can hurt your cables.....See I wanted to find out more so I don't F anything up.

I want the pspec but $200 for a shifter right now I cannot do. Dang Mortgage payments

·
Registered
670 Posts
i have had mine in for two years and never had a problem getting in or out of gear....i agree that a pspec is better but it basically dose the same thing the adapter does.

if you are going to get serious with you lude spend the extra money on a nice piece like the pspec but if your gonna be driving to work every day and to the car shows or meets i would just stick with the adapter..

just put it in see if you like it, if not take it out, you prob wont be able to tell the differance..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I will try it. My cars a daily and canyon runner.....No show car. Even though it looks like it. I just keep my shit clean.

But yes, Free is better. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
no no no, if it aint pspec it won't work!

it doesn't matter how many years it has worked or how it only cost a fraction of the price compared to the best. since pspec came into existence, anything else just won't work- period. you're fooling yourselves, results mean nothing.

blah blah blah blah blah, pspec ftw, blah blah blah

·
Registered
581 Posts
they do work, but the shifting is kinda notchy and it doesnt shorten it that much (~15%). i have heard that they put extra stress on the shift cable and have actually heard of one breaking b/c of it.

if ur planning on upgrading to a pspec sometime w/in the next yr. it should be ok to throw in just to tide u over, but im not sure id leave it in long term.

Ace

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I unknowingly had a DC Sports adaptor for well over 2 years and never had any problems with it. I switched over to a 1st gen PSPEC and I'm glad I made the change. It was like night and day.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i have the second gen spec and love it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Those adapters give the shifter more leverage on the Y axis shift cable. If you don't shift like an idiot the added leverage helps and will not hurt the shift cable. The short shift adapters make the stock throws into gears shorter but don't change how far one must move the shifter side to side. I have an ebay one I picked up for 35 bucks and the thing works fine but all it's doing is making stock a little bit more tolerable. If you want a really short shifter you should to get the pspec one. But if you're just looking to shorten the throws a bit the 35 dollars gives you a good bit of improvement vs 200.

·
Love the power of H
291 Posts
i have an adapter its not that great im still waiting for forbiden to come out with the shifter for a 5th gen they have them for 4th gen and accords but they are still building the 5thgen one.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Just save up for the real short shifter, You can adjust the throw and height so You can find your "perfect" setup.

My friend had the adapter piece on his integra and he snapped a cable, kind of notchy shifting too.

Put the adapter on and try it out but I don't think you will like it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts