Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried double sided tape with my license plate and a sponge and everything. I've deciding whether I should get this. Does it actually work? Anybody have it?!?!? What do you guys think about it?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
go to lowes and just get those rubber circles that you put between the screw and whatever your screwing. Put two of them between the plate and thcar for each screw, and then put one between each screw and the plate on the front... works like a charm and will only cost ya about 5 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I wouldn't use it. I would put 3 thickness of sounddeadner on the backside with the combination of above. If you buy it your just advertising that you have a system.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Rubber things? wasting dynamat? god. 5 bucks is way too much to be spending on this problem.

Go to the local grocery store and buy a spounge. Put the spounge under your plate and screw it down. Problem solved... for less than 89 cents

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Rubber things? wasting dynamat? god. 5 bucks is way too much to be spending on this problem.

Go to the local grocery store and buy a spounge. Put the spounge under your plate and screw it down. Problem solved... for less than 89 cents
do you read? he already said that he tried the sponge!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So don't use the dynamat license plate thing? haha alright i'll just keep playing with it i guess and find a solution. Thanks for the suggestions though haha

·
Registered
399 Posts
i put dynamat on the back of my plate (i had extra misc. pieces laying arounf) = no rattle

·
Registered
812 Posts
i put two thicks socks, worked fine for me, but then again i only have one 10 back there

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anybody have any other suggestions to get rid of that awful trunk rattle, besides dynamat? I am not spending $200 on dynamat. I need to make a custom box. As of right now, my subs are sitting facing upright, because it's the only box I could find that fit in that thing Honda calls a trunk.

·
Registered
198 Posts
if you put that shit on your car, your asking for someone to take a peak if they have that kind of interest i mean cmon "DYNAMAT, Ive got better sound" do what the other guys said rubber or something else, depending on where you live i wouldnt wanna draw attention to my car and besides my subs and stuff i didnt put in my lude because of weight and the speakers and head unit i have pump so i dont need that shit.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I used one of those blue "shop" paper towels folded up. I stuck it on the bottom of the frame barely over the edge and the rest behind the plate. stopped the rattle cold. That's with a 12" dvc sub bumping to a 600w watt amp :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts