Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
i wouldnt say you suck at all. dont worry about what kids at school say. i went through that shit too. people talked crap about my ludes. they were like oh your car is old, its slow, its a fucking honda, you cant drive, etc and you know what? if any of them wanted to prove any of this to me id gladly shut them up, otherwise i laughed at their ignorance. i suggest you do the same, except i dont condone street racing. lol

for the record i would say you are better than i was back in high school. not to mention you hooked alot better. lol found a vid from that timeframe where i was just doing a quick pull while holding the camera to the steering wheel as best as i could. lol. i couldnt see the tach and was shifting by ear. lol

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r157/b20a5trubo/?action=view&current=100_0509.flv

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
not bad buddy and your launch was decent as well minimal wheel spin what are you shifting at???

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK cool. I was raised around my dad and uncle with mustangs and chevelles always so good at shifting. I just wanted to make sure i was living up haha.

I try to not let these kids get to me but it does for some reason, i dont wanna race them, because most of them are crazy, cant drive and do erratic maneuvers on the road haha.

However......... I did win a grudge match with a tiburon. Everyone said i only won because it was a 4 cyl tib, but i countered with "well this is a 4 cly prelude" lol

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not bad buddy and your launch was decent as well minimal wheel spin what are you shifting at???
Like maybe 7800 on the tach, i go by sound mostly, but i do glance at the tach.

Im hoping for a 14 second timeslip, anybody think i can do it?

BTW, this is on snow tires and theres a subwoofer and toolbox in my trunk

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Looks fine to me, no grinding and it seems smooth and not jumpy like clutch noobs lol

but I do have to point out STOP SHIFTING LIKE THAT!!! lol that's exactly what caused me to mis-shift from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th. 1st to 2nd looks find but going to 3rd and then from 3rd to 4th needs to change. You need to flip your hand so your thumb is facing down and pull back from 3rd to 4th that way, otherwise you face the risk of pulling it from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th. Just to save you some bent valves I figured you should know :)

Here are some pics to show you what I mean: http://www.shortshifter.com/techniques2.htm

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks fine to me, no grinding and it seems smooth and not jumpy like clutch noobs lol

but I do have to point out STOP SHIFTING LIKE THAT!!! lol that's exactly what caused me to mis-shift from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th. 1st to 2nd looks find but going to 3rd and then from 3rd to 4th needs to change. You need to flip your hand so your thumb is facing down and pull back from 3rd to 4th that way, otherwise you face the risk of pulling it from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th. Just to save you some bent valves I figured you should know :)

Here are some pics to show you what I mean: http://www.shortshifter.com/techniques2.htm

Yeah, ive seen that. Thats how i go to 5th, but i have long arms and it feels awkward to shift into 4th with that technique.

I try to use it, if you notice, thats how i went to 5th ;) The upshifts i can do like that, but the 3-4 shift is just hard to get my arm bent with that angle.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for reassurance guys, just wanted to make sure i didnt really suck

idk why i was so worried about this

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
God, I wish my trans would shift that smooth. I have serious synchro problems.

I know what you mean about having longer arms and it being hard to shift like that. I don't shift that way and have never mis-shifted.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
When shifting, don't remove your foot off the throttle, keep it on it or about half way. This will help you keep your revs up. Also it'll aid in learning how to powershift.

Also, you don't need to engage the clutch when pulling out of gear, for example. When shifting from 1st-2nd. Before you even press the clutch in, you should already be pulling the gear out. Thus when you're at the bottom of the pedal travel, you'll already be in gear etc etc...

But good... work out the wheel hop!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When shifting, don't remove your foot off the throttle, keep it on it or about half way. This will help you keep your revs up. Also it'll aid in learning how to powershift.

Also, you don't need to engage the clutch when pulling out of gear, for example. When shifting from 1st-2nd. Before you even press the clutch in, you should already be pulling the gear out. Thus when you're at the bottom of the pedal travel, you'll already be in gear etc etc...

But good... work out the wheel hop!!!
Thanks man, im workin on it. Im definately improving from my clutch drops, insane wheel hop and falling out of VTEC in my 1-2 shift

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know what all you've done but I'd recommend stiffer engine mounts, maybe a torque link or you can switch out your radius rod bushings with nylon.
It just has an intake and axle back exhaust.

The guy said it has a stage 1 clutch, but i doubt thats true just because of the feeling of the clutch.

And yeah, i have looked into motor mounts and little stuff.

I want to get a decent header and full exhaust, then tune it with some mounts and good tires with nothing in the trunk. Should drastically improve from a dig

Then when the clutch goes a stage1

1 - 20 of 40 Posts