Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 98 Prelude SH back in December, so anywork done to it was before my time of ownership. I asked the previous guy if he had done anything, and he said just intake and exhaust. According to the vehicle report I pulled from Carfax before buying, he only owned the car for about 10,000 miles :Rock: Too bad for him, because the car is in excellent shape!!!

Anyways, the other night, a friend walks up while I am idling, and he stops and listens, and says "I hear cams, do you have them installed?" And I could't say yes or no, because I don't know. :jehon:

So how do I know if there are aftermarket cams on my Prelude? Is there an easy way to tell? Let me know!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
take the valve cover off and look to see if they look any different than a stock set if he claims he can hear a difference they they must be somewhat mild or agressive so you should be able to tell. But i dont think you do because they guy would have told you they were there cause he could have charged more.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
just be like "yeah I have cams, all cars have cams assface" haaahahaha

but yeah like everyone else said I think you'd know if you have aftermarket cams because your car would probably be giving problems

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roy said:
nah probably just stock cams. i can hear mine clicking too.
Agreed. I do have slight clicking too.

The guy probably wouldn't know the sound of a Prelude from any other car, but hey, you never know, maybe he is/ was a Honda fanatic.

2.2L, thanks for your helpful post. This is the internet?

·
Registered
92 Posts
LudeNLascivious said:
but yeah like everyone else said I think you'd know if you have aftermarket cams because your car would probably be giving problems
:jehon: You can hear my well tuned stage 1's, and the car doesn't give me any problems at all because of it. But the only person besides me who could hear the difference is a buddy of mine who's a hardcore honda nut.....

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
LudeNLascivious said:
just be like "yeah I have cams, all cars have cams assface" haaahahaha

actually all cars dont cams, rx-7 -8 ..... just fyi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.