Honda Prelude Forum banner

do i have all the parts for a 4ws swap?

603 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  wes.white 
#1 ·
I'm parting my old car out for my projectcar
my projectcar doesn't have 4ws so this will be swapped from my parts car
but my problem is that i could not compare it with the 2ws suspension
my project car is still with the bodyshop
and i must first junk the old car before i get the project car back (lack of space)
how do i check if the tie rod balljoints are in good shape?
how many litres of honda ps fluid will it take?
i have parting out all the parts that was on mustardcat's write up
did i forget something????:Rock:
i have:
the front and rear rack
the shaft
the bolds
the pipes and hoses

See less See more
#3 ·
That should be everything, you will only need a few little bottles of the Honda P/S fluid.

Be sure to check if the torx bolt on the bottom of the rear rack can be loosened without stripping it before you install. Otherwise you will have to pull the rear down again and remove it to get a proper alignment. (Been there, sucks.)

#4 ·
CADster said:
no.. thats junk.

so sell that junk to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

looks good to me...do you have the little 't' as well ?
i've another set if you like shipping will be 500 dollars lol :tongue2:

the little 't' you mean the TT plastic thingy for the front rack if so yes i have with some extra hoses

#5 · (Edited)
When installing the rear rack there is a peice of the body for the spare tire hole that isn't there on the 4WS model... Removal of that piece is recommended for proper install...

Other than that you should have everything needed... I did the same thing to my prelude.... No problems, been about 9 months since the install...

Hope that helps...

#6 ·
IIRC from my swap a couple months ago - the only bolts you need from the 4WS car are the through-bolts for the rear LCA's where they go through that subframe thingy.

If you have any questions during your swap process, feel free to PM me as the whole process is still pretty fresh in my mind :)

#7 · (Edited)
90-Prelude-91 said:
When installing the rear rack there is a peice of the body for the spare tire hole that isn't there on the 4WS model... Removal of that piece is recommended for proper install...

Other than that you should have everything needed... I did the same thing to my prelude.... No problems, been about 9 months since the install...

Hope that helps...
True, true......I had to air hammer that bracket out of the way...

I was bolting up the 4WS unit, and it wouldn't sit just right, and this bugger was messing it up....

chisel it out, and put a good coat of rustproof on the bare metal....then bolt up the 4WS frame. :)

Then enjoy! :spinface:

There's one other 4-way T part that hooks to the front rack to supply PS fluid......search, becaue I put the P/N here....and I dont' remember it now. Look for my posts.

Rockin in a 3G..............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.