Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told i can fit accord side skirts on my bb2 prelude i wana see if ayone has a good diy op pics i wanna do it the right way the first time imgetting the skirts tomorrow and putting them on if i can get a helpfull reply

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i mounted mine over the original ones. ive never seen it done this way on anyone elses . my buddy had his done with some tacky ass self tapping screws and there was huge gap between the skirt and the door jamb area. I cut out all the inner support of the accord skirts so they will fit over the originals. then cut to fit from the front edge of the skirts. then i used these to mount with,
http://www.dormanproducts.com/mobile/p-3985-799-100.aspx
looks OEM hella flush jdm as fack yo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mounted mine over the original ones. ive never seen it done this way on anyone elses . my buddy had his done with some tacky ass self tapping screws and there was huge gap between the skirt and the door jamb area. I cut out all the inner support of the accord skirts so they will fit over the originals. then cut to fit from the front edge of the skirts. then i used these to mount with,
http://www.dormanproducts.com/mobile/p-3985-799-100.aspx
looks OEM hella flush jdm as fack yo.

is that the accord front lip to?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
how did you mount yours? handballallday?
just took off my old ones and put on the Accord sides using the same tap screws. You will have to cut alil off for them to fit. I cut the back of mine with a razor. Oh and all the holes on the Accord sides won't match up to the holes on our Ludes so i brought it to my buddies shop, threw it up on the lift and he drilled a few more holes to insert couple more tap screws.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
apex can you post up more detailed pics of the sides
what exactly are you wanting to know man? all i did was hollow out all the stuff on the back side of the accord skirts so they would fit over the prelude skirts. then once they were lined up, I cut off the extra length from the front edge of the accord skirts. added accord front mud flaps and its all good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what exactly are you wanting to know man? all i did was hollow out all the stuff on the back side of the accord skirts so they would fit over the prelude skirts. then once they were lined up, I cut off the extra length from the front edge of the accord skirts. added accord front mud flaps and its all good.
how did you mount the bottom

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I did what everyone above said. Here's mine painted.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Uh...my original ones ofcourse hahaha

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
just took off my old ones and put on the Accord sides using the same tap screws. You will have to cut alil off for them to fit. I cut the back of mine with a razor. Oh and all the holes on the Accord sides won't match up to the holes on our Ludes so i brought it to my buddies shop, threw it up on the lift and he drilled a few more holes to insert couple more tap screws.
The side skirts from the Accord... is it from the coupe or 4 door Accord ? & Year thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts