Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you keep asking about this mod. I still have not finish everything but I'm showing you how it looks at the moment.

It is quite simple to do you just need replace yours bulbs with wide angle Bright Blue LEDs. I think I don't need to explaint how to do it.

Another think is too light up needles ... hmm ... what I used is fluorescent marker and wide angle UV leds above

let see some pics ....

and from different angle.

The only problem is with some brighter spots and red line wich is not visible.

Anyways I'll be probable able to offer you in near future True Revers Glows.
What I need is a scans of gauges for both cars 88-89 and 90-91. Can you help me?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice man! Great idea! I dont know if you looked into this already or not but they do make a florecent paint that you can buy at most stationary stores, it comes in a little bottle with a brush in the cap, (like a bottle of white out). I think this might help cuz its much brighter than the markers, from what i have seen.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CADster said:
will you be able to have all interior dash lighting be blue or just the cluster ?
Already have changed some other lights. I'll take pics this evening and post them.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Blue gauges are so last year lol

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
Try getting ahold of Luderrific, he has scans of all the different 3rd gen gauges.

If you can't get ahold of him, PM me, and I can for you

·
Registered
739 Posts
dano said:
Anyone contemplating doing something like this...

Check out your local DIY computer store (like Micro Center). There is this computer bling thing going on. They have all kinds of tiny UV lights, reactive fans, wires, plastic sheets, etc, etc. The good news is that it's all 12 Volt DC.
To save some cash, check out www.xoxide.com or www.pricewatch.com or even www.ebay.com :)

stuff like LED's and cold cathodes in town here are like $5 for 2 leds, or $20 for a cold cathode.. But like $10 for 50 leds on the net, or $6 for a cold cathode

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can you post a picture of the actual LED's. Are they the ones in the replacement bulb sockets? or are they truly just normal LED's?

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Um yeah, where you get those bulbs again!

·
Registered
326 Posts
if u take off the fuel/temp gauge from the cluster(just a few scews in the back on my 88 should be same on yours) u can change the color of the car in the corner. i would reccommend it.

other than that it looks relaly good. and i want some of your gauge rings still lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts