Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got tired of having someone come over to help bleed the brakes/clutch and found a cheap one man pressure bleeder.

Pro's about the pressure bleeder: no more bench bleeding....one man operation....you can also check for leaks just by looking at the gauge, pump it up and if the Pressure holds for 5 minutes you got a leak free system.

What you need can all be found at a hardware store.

Basic Weed sprayer, I got mine from menards for 8$

cut the sprayer nozzle off, attach some clear tubing with a any suitable fitting

Buy a Pressure Gauge and thread it to the tank with a little ultra grey

next you will need to make a cover for the Clutch or Brake reservoir, I have seen pics of others using a stock reservoir cap, but I didn't want to ruin mine so I found a end cap for some piping. Technically you could use any sturdy flat piece of material and gasket, the objective it to create a seal strong enough to hold up to 15 to 20 PSI max.

drill a hole in the middle and thread a fitting with some RTV or hondabond, this fitting should be sized for the clear vinyl tubing.

Find a rubber gasket to help seal the cap to the reservoir

Now you need a way to clamp the cap on to the reservoir, I just used a flat piece of steel, some long bolts, washers, nuts and small length of chain.

attach the cap to the reservoir

I pulled the plastic reservoir off the brake master because the cap was not big enough, but it does fit over the clutch reservoir

DONE! this project costed me about 25$, and you can get fancy quick connect fittings if that tickles your pickle
look at video on how to pressure bleed your braking system properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0h5bMoW-aw

·
Registered
205 Posts
snazzy! I like your ingenuity... these kits cost over 100 bucks easy! (we use them at the dealership) So that weed sprayer will pump up to over 20psi?? This is really cool man, I'm gonna end up borrowing your ideas next time I need to bleed :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snazzy! I like your ingenuity... these kits cost over 100 bucks easy! (we use them at the dealership) So that weed sprayer will pump up to over 20psi?? This is really cool man, I'm gonna end up borrowing your ideas next time I need to bleed :)
not sure if it will pump over 20 psi, I wouldn't go over 20 PSI anyways or you can risk blowing a seal in the system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts