Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I want a 3 gauge vent pod but didn't wanna spend the 50 bucks that gaugepods.com wants for one, so i figured, why not make my own, im not done yet but once i get back to school ill get everything nicely fiberglassed in nice and flush, I took the pics with my cell phone so they aren't the best but heres what ive done so far.

I started out with a new center vent that i got for free :)

Then got a piece of plywood, traced some circles onto it using a spray can, used a big socket to trace the spaces between each larger circle and started cutting with a jigsaw.

still cutting....

Halfway there....

All cut!!

Time to start sanding

I plan do be done with this by the end of January, it wont look nearly as good as one you can buy, but it should turn out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 more pictures
drilled out two gauge holes

Cut the first hole to sink the frame into the center vent

·
Registered
226 Posts
Diy is always nice... keep us posted
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First test fit

All glued in

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks a little rough now. But cant wait to see the finished product.
couldn't agree more how rough it looked, sgould have pics of it fiber glassed by tonight

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright got it all fiber glassed, ill get going on the bondo tomorrow and should be done by the end of the week
I used sparypaint can tops glued to the back to hold the shape

Gotta wait till its completely dry then ill get working with the dremel to make these circles perfect again

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looking good so far can't wait to see the end result.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
i like what i see so far - i really wanna lear to work with fiberglass or cf - that would be great skill set to have - kudos to you dude

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
It looks a little rough now. But cant wait to see the finished product.
Don't worry fiberglass work never looks that good until at earliest the body filler stage. Luckily it doesn't matter what the inside framing and support looks like.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Wow that looks great!! I have a lot of free time at the moment, maybe I should try my hand at some custom fiberglass stuff. hmmmm....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow that looks great!! I have a lot of free time at the moment, maybe I should try my hand at some custom fiberglass stuff. hmmmm....
haha, if you do, pm on what you do cause i got lots of free time and leftover resin so I wanna do something else.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts