Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
you need the +45 offset if you're lowered. if you go with the 40 you will definately rub as you'll rub sometimes w/ the 45.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a 42mm offset on my car and it is lowered about 1.5 inches and it is fine. My friend has a 40 mm offest and his car is lowered about 1.2 inches and he is constantly rubbing when he hits bumps. I would try to avoid the 40mm offset if at all possible.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
BC2_BB6 said:
spacers will make it worst, they will ad more -offset, thus making the wheels stick further out the fenders, they're reserved for wide body applications. you want more +offset [more into the wheel well.
right on the money.

don't get the 40 offset wheels unless you roll the fenders.. which i don't recommend unless you want to repaint our fenders and quarter panels. too much work for what you gain though, imo.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how bad is the rub if i do stick with the 40's, because i already waited a month for them to ship it out, they said it should be shipped out by this monday or tuesday. plus my tires are just sitting at home. this is such a headache but thanks for the info guys its appreciated

ps should i wait it out till the 45s come in ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.