Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the power in the ground and the ground in the power (same gague/color. great idea!...). The fuses all blew and I replaced them. There is now very little power coming from my amp. I'm guessing I owned it. It's a PDX 1.1000

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would send it in to see what happened.But first did you check the settings on the CD player and the amp. Gains,bass, subs levels.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Send it in where?

My settings were all as they should have been. In fact, I had to turn the gain up on the amp to 75% to get anything out of it. That's not normal for 12" type r's!

·
Registered
174 Posts
your best bet is take it to a shop and let them bench test it and make sure the load test it...you could always try it in someone elses car that already has a full functioning system, swap amps, and see what happens

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
most likely you just blew the fuses. Thats what they are there for.
I did blow the fuses. I replaced them (4x20a) and There's barely any power coming out of it.

I'll take it to a shop tomorrow and see if they can figure it out, because I sure can't!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did blow the fuses. I replaced them (4x20a) and There's barely any power coming out of it.

I'll take it to a shop tomorrow and see if they can figure it out, because I sure can't!
Some shops charge 45 an hour so weigh your options what your amp is worht to what its going to cost to fix it or even replace it. In most cases a quick dead short will blow the fuses but in lower end amps you can fry the internals.

·
Registered
174 Posts
we charge 10 bucks or less to bench test an amp. we power it up give it signal and throw a speaker on it...actually load test it. at that point weigh your options

1 - 10 of 10 Posts