Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 friends with with 93 del Sol's one black and other is green...

the green del sol is running a t3/t4 with stock internals and running 12 lbs at all times with the greddy blye box (POS); he beat me by 2 car lengths

my other firned with 6.5 lbs with built internals and a fine tune with crome is putting down:::to me this is crazy for only 6.5 psi..... he is tuning to run 18 by the end of spring

so far... 280whp & 227 whtq at 6.5 psi..

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
i got a buddy with a black del sol si, all motor kinda guy, last i heard he was puttin down like 180whp, quick lil SOB, he took me for a ride in it, we did 120 down a hill and hit a HUGE swooping bend, that was fun:turn:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
SOHC's take boost REALLY well.

A guy with a sunfire that does stock @ 130 crank hp and 130 crank tq boosts for 8 psi and ends up @ 280 whp......NUTZ!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
jdm bb6 said:
my other firned with 6.5 lbs with built internals and a fine tune with crome is putting down:::to me this is crazy for only 6.5 psi..... he is tuning to run 18 by the end of spring

thats really impressive for only 6.5psi. :eek2:

damn.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
in the end... its all about tuning i tell ya. and as i can see crome is some good stuff

oh and its a b18b i forgot to mention that

so thats a DOHC

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
no biggy man... just didn't want people thinking that the del sols had a gsr in them when the really have a si lol.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still blows my mind he got that much out of 6.5 psi... and here i am thinking if you only want 6psi out of a turbo its pointless to even get one. people here think he is a guru of some sort. i want to beat him (we were best friends in high school and very competative, my b18 gsr vs his b16 del slow no competition)

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
race him in the lude and see where you stand man. don't be scared. Do it from a dig where you have the advantage, Type-s aren't slouches (sp?) man.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true, id rather FI my beast before he has bragging rights in my town, i know exactly what he would say...

"i Raced D's prelude, i put 3 or 4 bus lengths..." ha degrating

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
jdm bb6 said:
i have 2 friends with with 93 del Sol's one black and other is green...

the green del sol is running a t3/t4 with stock internals and running 12 lbs at all times with the greddy blye box (POS); he beat me by 2 car lengths

What kind of comp? If he's putting the down those kind of numbers I'm betting something like near 10ish.

·
Registered
569 Posts
:turn: del sols are the shit. I love them. even though its a chick car. But that makes gurls look at it b/c it appeals to them. WOOOPWOOOPP

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
NiceNloW said:
:turn: del sols are the shit. I love them. even though its a chick car. But that makes gurls look at it b/c it appeals to them. WOOOPWOOOPP
That's why I'd get one. But it'd have to be black because then it doesn't look so girly, plus it'd match my Lude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts