Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
unless you go custom, or modify the collector....there is no performance gained by using those. and it's "Header" not "headers"

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless you go custom, or modify the collector....there is no performance gained by using those. and it's "Header" not "headers"
i know its not headers however when ur looking at headers u tend to add the s lol i know the header deal lol, but i'm getting an entire new exhaust system and was wondering if those would be good headers to get or if somone knew of another place to get stainless steel headers for that price

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think this is comparable to the DC or Greddy. The collector should be modified as well. Build quailty might be an issue with the header, especially if you are going to drive this car in the winter as I can see you are up north like I am.

If you just want something shiny under the hood and don't care about power then for $230 you can't lose.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
well i did the search.... thats what i came up with now i ask if people have used them or such or know of them lol
i got a header im trashing in my garage... its a dc sport header. it did good. It didnt give me shit, but it was cool looking, and sounded like a man!!:uriel:

·
Registered
763 Posts
ur goal should be to find some that wont fall apart after a few weeks. *search*
well i did the search.... thats what i came up with now i ask if people have used them or such or know of them lol

what weapon meant is that Megan is a shitty brand. Many people have had theirs come apart at the welds. go with DC.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
what weapon meant is that Megan is a shitty brand. Many people have had theirs come apart at the welds. go with DC.
weapon is an asshole!!! and hes a gay... u cant listen to francis:crazy:

·
Registered
763 Posts
and DC tends to rust..

just stick to stock, no signifacant power gain unless you want to spend $1000+ on one which is still only 10whp, in which a stage 1 tuner cams will make more power for the money..
better rust than spending a grand or welds coming apart IMO.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i love how the guys who have all the aftermarket header say stick to oem lol guess what i dont liek my oem there fucking rusty red ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i'm building a pimped out car:D only driven during summer so what is some nice cheap good shinny header that will last about 3 years?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i see megan headers on ebay for 175. i cant afford nor would i buy 1000+ dollar headers for a prelude unless i got serious about tuning and whatnot, and seeing as i have an SH and atts makes me prematurely ejaculate sometimes on hard turns im not looking to go hardcore on tuning anywyas. i/e/h and piggyback tuning is as far as i'll go.
i play on buying ebay megan headers or any of the other DC sport replicas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
230 bucks for no gain and just looks.Wouldnt even touch.Just paint the stock ones if you dont want rust red.I dont think its rust on the header.If it were rust ever header honda has made for the prelude would fall apart.If i were u i would go look at a shop and tell them to build you one to the size you want all the way to the collecter.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts