Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a DC header from a site called doctor import?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I ran accross this site a while back and didn't know if they really did or not cause I would love to have a dc header
Posted via Mobile

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
Call them and see if they have any in stock. If they don't, then this is just another useless thread about the hard to find DC header :(

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Well even though I dont own a 3rd gen anymore I emailed them to see if they actually have them in stock,just out of curiosity.;-)

Most likely they wont,but hell with it,didnt hurt to try.:blush:

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Well even though I dont own a 3rd gen anymore I emailed them to see if they actually have them in stock,just out of curiosity.;-)

Most likely they wont,but hell with it,didnt hurt to try.:blush:
Trust me guys, DC is not going to burn anymore money on us unless we give them big enough order for them to make another jig.

I spoke with them last year, quite a few times to try and get them to reopen the file and pull the jig out for smaller run of headers, but they trashed it and said straight out, that its just not in the cards.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Best bet is finding a used one and then it will be difficult, maybe check ebay

·
toguetastic
3,233 Posts
Trust me guys, DC is not going to burn anymore money on us unless we give them big enough order for them to make another jig.

I spoke with them last year, quite a few times to try and get them to reopen the file and pull the jig out for smaller run of headers, but they trashed it and said straight out, that its just not in the cards.
he's talking about emailing the website listing them for sale. as in they still have stock left over from when they were produced. not having them manufactured again from dc directly.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts

they actually made an announcement a few months ago after the company was partially sold that they will probably be starting to make them again sometime in 09.

hopefully they follow through

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
A few years back I cut mine up with a sawzall to make a down pipe for my early turbo setup. I was no impressed at all with the leftover weld material that the dc factory left inside the header as it was covered with carbon, so it was also blocking some exhaust flow. The dc headers may look cool with the grey heat coating and the DC metal stamp, but the one I had was made like crap on the inside. It's no big loss if you cant track on down, I sure the off name brands sold now are just as good, if not better....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts