Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will try to explain what is happening in complete detail. I don't know what to do....the air vent on my 92 prelude where stuck on blowing the air towards the front (by this, I mean that the air was blowing towards the driver and passenger). Now that is winter i need the defroster. I don't really turn on the AC in the summer so if i was able to keep the defroster on year round i would be a happy camper. Anyways, i saw this Video on how i would be able to fix this problem.
(This is the link to the video)
I went ahead and took it apart. everything seemed to be going well. I did what the video told me. I put everything back and i still had the same problem. As i messed with it a little more i started smelling something was burning. the smell was different, I don't really know how to describe it, but i knew it was bad. I went ahead and took it out again cleaned it and put it back in and called it a night. The next morning i went to the store and i continued to smell like something was burning (it was mild, but it was there. It went away after a while). Anyhow, later that evening i went to work and proceeded to turn on the lights, and the dash lights did not turn on. the parking light, head lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals turn on. everything except the dash lights.... I ended up disconnecting the climate control and I will be waiting for one i ordered on line to be delivered. Though i disconnected everything the dash lights still wont turn on. :(

does anybody know what can be happening? I checked the fuses and everything looks good. any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm hesitating taking it to the shop because i have a feeling it's going to cost me a pretty penny... any ideas on how i can fix it? what are other options????

Thank you so much for reading, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
try the "meter" fuse on the drivers side kick panel.. its a 10

1 - 2 of 2 Posts