Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to make it to where the dash lights stay bright when you turn the headlights on? in other words when i turn my headlights on, i want my dash lights to stay as bright as they are when the headlights are off. there has got to be a way. i was thinking of unhooking it from the ignition because doesnt it have a sensor or something that tells them to dim when you turn the headlights on? i was thinking of disabling that or something.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just did it by accident, I unplugged the dimmer switch and it made it bright as fuck. But for some reason it only made the fuel and water temp bright. Everything else stayed really dim. Wierd. I'm gonna keep it still.
Posted via Mobile

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did it by accident, I unplugged the dimmer switch and it made it bright as fuck. But for some reason it only made the fuel and water temp bright. Everything else stayed really dim. Wierd. I'm gonna keep it still.
Posted via Mobile
look pretty sick? i like how bright the dash lights are but when i turn the headlights on they go all dim and shit. i dont like it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its alright. I like it. Its no EL cluster though. I have a jdm one, but its way too complicated to install.
Posted via Mobile

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you turned the dimmer switch up until it clicks? I'd start there.
Posted via Mobile
yea i have it up as far as it goes. you mean that the gauges are always bright? mine must be broke or something. wow i feel really dumb now. but i didnt know.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did the el gauge conversion on my 92 si and i can't remember if i switched out the dimmer switch (or if it's even any different), but i can turn my dimmer switch to its brightest setting and it clicks and keeps my gauges bright at all times.
thanks i got you the first time lol

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
yea i have it up as far as it goes. you mean that the gauges are always bright? mine must be broke or something. wow i feel really dumb now. but i didnt know.
yeah, if you hear it click then it should brighten your gauges...mine only brightens the temp and gas though, but i dont have el gauges

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, if you hear it click then it should brighten your gauges...mine only brightens the temp and gas though, but i dont have el gauges
newb question: dont the 94-96 ludes have el gauges?

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol my bad my comp is lagging like crazy...lol

and yeah 94-96 have the el gauges.
yea i figured, thats why i said that lol

so i wonder why mine doesnt work.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
yea i figured, thats why i said that lol

so i wonder why mine doesnt work.
does rotating the dimmer switch do anything at all? i know i can turn it all the way down at night and can barely see any of the gauges...if yours doesnt do that, then i assume its a bad dimmer switch or a bad connection...if it does dim but just doesnt brighten all the way after it clicks, then its probably just a bad connection

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does rotating the dimmer switch do anything at all? i know i can turn it all the way down at night and can barely see any of the gauges...if yours doesnt do that, then i assume its a bad dimmer switch or a bad connection...if it does dim but just doesnt brighten all the way after it clicks, then its probably just a bad connection
it dims when i turn it down but when it clicks it doesnt keep the gauges bright. im having a whole shit load of electrical problems anyway. have you watched my vids in my frank thread? freakin mess!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
it dims when i turn it down but when it clicks it doesnt keep the gauges bright. im having a whole shit load of electrical problems anyway. have you watched my vids in my frank thread? freakin mess!!
nah dude im hardly ever on here anymore...i barely get any internet time...well good luck chasing those electrical ghosts

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah dude im hardly ever on here anymore...i barely get any internet time...well good luck chasing those electrical ghosts
thanks. im most likely goin to take it to a shop. im burnt out on working on that car.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
thanks. im most likely goin to take it to a shop. im burnt out on working on that car.
i was the same way...mine isnt in too bad of shape, so i can still drive it...im just taking a break from working on it...i refuse to pay someone to do it when i can probably figure it out myself with a lot of research...thats just how i am

for example, i just beat the new silent hill game on 360...the whole time i was trying to figure stuff out, my gf was constantly hitting the internet for tips and clues on how to beat it lol...i only had to ask for her help twice haha (once for a boss and the other was for some shitty puzzle)...but i guess a video game isnt as difficult as finding electrical ghosts haha

[/off topic]

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i was the same way...mine isnt in too bad of shape, so i can still drive it...im just taking a break from working on it...i refuse to pay someone to do it when i can probably figure it out myself with a lot of research...thats just how i am

for example, i just beat the new silent hill game on 360...the whole time i was trying to figure stuff out, my gf was constantly hitting the internet for tips and clues on how to beat it lol...i only had to ask for her help twice haha (once for a boss and the other was for some shitty puzzle)...but i guess a video game isnt as difficult as finding electrical ghosts haha

[/off topic]
lol wish my gf was into 360 games.

i guess my question was answered. thanks for the help guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts