Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by any chance does anyone know how to fix the pieces missing out of a dash board, like pieces being torn out or am i just better getting a dash mat?

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
How would you possibly "fix" missing pieces out of the dash?

Get a new dash out of a junked lude. All dash mats other than the OEM one I have look like crap

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah like pieces being gouged out, but ill keep it in mind i just need to get some cash first though

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Damn GUESSMAN, nice 3rd gen parts store you have there.:smile:
Thank you my friend. Just think, I have more that you can't see in that picture :spinface:

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I wish I could dedicate a corner of my garage for that type of thing, but the wife insists that she needs to park in there too, lol. Besides, what spare parts I have would maybe fill one of your shelf units.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I wish I could dedicate a corner of my garage for that type of thing, but the wife insists that she needs to park in there too, lol. Besides, what spare parts I have would maybe fill one of your shelf units.
I have a total of 8 shelves in that garage :-D I'm about to get rid of most of my left over parts pretty soon. So if I can't find someone that wants them, I'm probably going to just throw them all away :down: because I don't need them.

Hint..Hint.. so take my dash man, just come and get it and you can have it. I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this because I love this car:love:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shit dude i would but im just too far from you, but how hard is it to change out the dash anyway?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
shit dude i would but im just too far from you, but how hard is it to change out the dash anyway?
It's all good my friend. I understand. :colgate: No worries

As for the dash, its not that hard at all. Make sure you remove the steering wheel first (19mm socket). That makes it a ton easier. You don't have to remove the seats but it makes even easier. ((4) 12mm bolts) Remove the parking brake console ((2) philp head screws) then the main console ((4) philp head screws) once all of that is out of the way, you have (7) 10mm bolts to remove from the dash. (2) on the left (2) on the right side (2) down on the bottom and (1) behind the clock. Then unplug the connectors from the main harness and also unplug the connectors from the dash fuse box. You have to disconnect the cable from the A/C, that takes loosing 1 philp head screw, do not remove the screw just loosen it.
Remove the radio connector and that should be all it takes and the dash will come out.

I've had to put in my dash and take it out over 6 to 8 times since I started my project. You always seam to forget something.:plain:

Hope that helps some.

Edit: it takes (4) philp head screws to remove the black cover around the steering wheel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know how you feel i changed out my instrument cluster about 3 times,but thanks it should help out alot

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
It's all good my friend. I understand. :colgate: No worries

As for the dash, its not that hard at all. Make sure you remove the steering wheel first (19mm socket). That makes it a ton easier. You don't have to remove the seats but it makes even easier. ((4) 12mm bolts) Remove the parking brake console ((2) philp head screws) then the main console ((4) philp head screws) once all of that is out of the way, you have (7) 10mm bolts to remove from the dash. (2) on the left (2) on the right side (2) down on the bottom and (1) behind the clock. Then unplug the connectors from the main harness and also unplug the connectors from the dash fuse box. You have to disconnect the cable from the A/C, that takes loosing 1 philp head screw, do not remove the screw just loosen it.
Remove the radio connector and that should be all it takes and the dash will come out.

I've had to put in my dash and take it out over 6 to 8 times since I started my project. You always seam to forget something.:plain:

Hope that helps some.

Edit: it takes (4) philp head screws to remove the black cover around the steering wheel
Lol, you must be missing a few screws if you only have 4 in the main console. I have 8 screws in mine.
http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/PreludeManual/62sf100/14-44.pdf

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts