Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow in less than a day after my swap, everything that had a weak point has to break right?> well now my dash lights and tail lights dont work v_v ...
I replaced the blown fuse that had the description of tail/license plate lights, and nothing happens, my Chilton manual only shows a few wiring diagrams of 1981 preludes. has anyone else had this same problem? or can someone post up the tail light wiring diagram for my 88 prelude. VERY MUCH appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Check to make sure that you have this connector plugged in:

Its the one circled in green:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol did you go outside and take a pic just for me!!!???? youre so nice...

is that connector for the dash/ tail lights?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its plugged in and i pushed on it to see if it was a loose connection and no nothing.... is there somethign else i can check or does it all orient to there?

crap i didnt look at the right thing ill brb again//...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its a short, a 20 amp fuse blows in the socket within a second. where would the probable place be for tail lights... the dash lights work but the taillights just dont work... i noticed a couple of boards by the tail lights... could they be blown? is there a way to check they look expensive.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my brake lights, headlights, turn signals work, and when i put a fuse in the tail light socket my dash lights work but not my tail lights, and then the fuse blows in like 5 seconds. where is a likely place for a tail light short?

·
Registered
286 Posts
most shorts come from pinched wires check where you were last working and see if you pinched any wires. get a bunch of fuses and another person and see if one of you can here or see a spark. just a thought.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
lol did you go outside and take a pic just for me!!!???? youre so nice...

is that connector for the dash/ tail lights?
Nope. I've done a little bit of research and kind of have a write up on here.

Here's the link for some electrical componets and locations, check it out:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275353

It takes a bit to load the pictures, so if you like pictures, you'll enjoy :smile:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
most shorts come from pinched wires check where you were last working and see if you pinched any wires. get a bunch of fuses and another person and see if one of you can here or see a spark. just a thought.
Posted via Mobile
the fuse blows within the second i put a new fuse in and turn on my lights....

dont have a second person around...

i wonder if i can rig them into a switch......................< getting desperate>.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and besides ive never touched my interior when i did my engine swap... so im clueless about where the pinched wire would be.

·
Registered
455 Posts
and besides ive never touched my interior when i did my engine swap... so im clueless about where the pinched wire would be.
You know that there should be more lights on than just the dash and rear, right?
All of your parking lights should come on, so you do have some wires under the hood too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts