Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up, I'm a new member, been coming to this site for a while and others looking at different information and I need some guidance about what I should do regarding my poor '97 base and it's overheated motor. In Dec 2014, I blew the headgasket in my lude and it wasn't as simple as just that. I was trying to get it home, it had been running hot for the last 20-25 miles, and about a mile from home, the car started filling up with white smoke. I dropped the windows and looked in the rearview and smoke was just pouring out of the exhaust, like bad, and immediately the car didn't want to go (duh), but I figured the damage was done, like a warped head or worse and got it home. Sat in it for a sec, and tried to restart it to see how it would sound and feel, and nothing. It was completely dead. No power at all, when I turned the key, nothing happened at all. So the car has sat for almost 3 years, but I have plans to make it better than before, I'm just unsure of if I want to get a jdm F20b and lsd trans or send the block to dan benson for a build. I've looked at hmotorsonline and jdmracingmotors, the latter having compression test videos of the engine being sold. Dan quoted me a very fair price (I feel), however when I spoke with him I talked to him about a rebuild, but didn't think about everything that would have to be done, all new gaskets, bearings, and other stuff in the top and bottom. I have about 3500 to work with right now, and yeah, that's about it. Thanks in advance, sorry about the novel lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts