Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm freaking having the greatest day of my life on my way home (home home) from school for the weekend. I'm behind this semi, not too close..just enough to stay in his draft to save a little gas. Well what do you know. The semi throws up atleast a 2-3 ft piece of tire and it smacks my front lip :wzbigcry:. I already knew it was gonna be bad. I got home and finally looked at it. thick scuffs on the passenger side and it broke both bumper fender mounts. You know...where the bumper attaches to the fender. :dontgetit:

This completely ruined my day. So what do i do? Completely gut the interior of the car, do some rewiring that i have been needing to do then drink a beer because i'm done with finals.

i've got the car about 75% gutted as of now. Tomorrow the dash will come out, maybe even the fenders to do some wire tucking. And the cool thing about it all is that if i have to drive anywhere, all i gotta do is throw the driver set in there and go. :turn:

ok, thats my rant for the day.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Shit, be lucky that it only took out part of your bumper. My dad was driving on the highway behind a logging truck and a tire on the trucks trailer blew, and flew overtop of my dads jeep liberty. I would be scared to think what would happen if part of a tire hit the windshield.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
u should have got the licience plate number and called the company he works for, they would have reimbursed u,

a friend of myne was driving behind a dump truck cause it was a one lane road and a little rock flew off the truck and hit the windshild and cracked it... he called the company and they paid for a new windshield

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Heh I know a customer that had a whole semi-truck wheel+tire fly through his windshield after it worked it's way off the semi truck. Just think on the bright side, it could have been worse.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
damn man...

one sollution would be to find a different truck with a call to report my driving # and blame their truck for it.

thats not what I would do, but i've had friends successfully do that.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm not sure if that would work or not, they would want you to prove that it happened. Last winter a gravel truck sprayed gravel all over the side of my buddy's, dad's truck, and scratched and chipped the paint all to hell. They went to claim it and they said with no proof they wouldn't reimburse them to repair the chips.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lucky...My buddy got slapped with a chunk of tire off a semi three days ago.. it ripped the front lip off and broke all the clips and bolt for the front bumper..
thank goodness it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry to hear man. That kinda stuff always happens to me. I hit a whole bag of garbage from a garbage truck going 70.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
u should have got the licience plate number and called the company he works for, they would have reimbursed u,
he was tail gating..... he has no case.

·
Registered
509 Posts
BAD LUCK i had the same thing happen to me with a truck but it chipped my windshield, stepped on the gas, drove beside the guy...he pulls over at shell get the information....right!!!!! The company went ahead and posted brand new stickers behind truck like on the weekend before my insurance could even get in contact with their people.....the stickers stated objects might fly off blah blah
I was like SCREWED no pictures nothing! so i was like the truck is like 10years old but the sticker looks fresh howz that possible???My claims agent just told me no pictures they would have a had time proving so I had to eat the costs!:wzbigcry: .

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
damn, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that! Do you at least remember what the company was? Maybe you can try to call them still?

·
Registered
509 Posts
^^^After the fact even though you call they will be like PROVE IT!!!!!!dude we are in a society that sues for anything companies have wised up you really gotta have your stuff together before even thinking of calling...esp pics, the truck didnt stop so no driver info....man sure suckxx

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
sexy94vtec said:
damn, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that! Do you at least remember what the company was? Maybe you can try to call them still?
dont....

buy a bb gun and a blank for-sale style sign.

find where the trucks are parked at night.

tag many of the trucks windshields, headlights, etc. with your bb gun.

write on the sign - no responsible for broken windshields and shit just like you.

and stick it in the ground.

dont leave fingerprints or tire tracks.

payback city,

get me a drink box, biotch !!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
CruZin89LuDe said:
damn man...

one sollution would be to find a different truck with a call to report my driving # and blame their truck for it.

thats not what I would do, but i've had friends successfully do that.
Road hazard. Been thru it with my dad before (he drives a semi). The guy in the semi can't help that you were not a safe distance from his tire.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
xeroxruler said:
Road hazard. Been thru it with my dad before (he drives a semi). The guy in the semi can't help that you were not a safe distance from his tire.
then find a truck with illegal mud flaps (the invisible ones) that should work. And maybe the rules aren't the same here... I know my friend's brother got two new windshields that way.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i took pictures earlier, but i am way too wasted to post them up right now. And i dont have the usb cable for the camera so you will have to wait il monday :tongue2:

irolllow said:
I want pics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts