Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a d-series vtec head for free and he wanted me to ask if it would fit onto his stock b20a5? I personally have no clue so thats why I'm posting it here.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Put it on, don't worry about bolting it down, take pictures, make up a dyno chart, and pepper the internet with it. Even after it's proven a fake people will be digging it up for years to come going "i wanna do this." It's almost like being famous, but without the money or groupie sex.

IBTL

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Put it on, don't worry about bolting it down, take pictures, make up a dyno chart, and pepper the internet with it. Even after it's proven a fake people will be digging it up for years to come going "i wanna do this." It's almost like being famous, but without the money or groupie sex.

IBTL
If I had a D-Series head I would do this. Anonymously, however, due to the fact my ass would be laughed at if anyone found out.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
SquishyPanda said:

IBTL
:emthup:

the worrying thing is that it's absolutely true.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cgm12mgc said:
you have over 1500 posts and your seriousley asking this question?

D series is compleatley diff from B and hell our B is even more different

no it wont fit!
what does having over 1500 posts have to do with anything? I dont spend my time in the 3g section...:|

I knew it probably wouldnt work, but someone said it would.. thats why I asked.

you can close this thread now.

·
Registered
949 Posts
any D-series honda engine is a SOHC engine, we have DOHC. the fact that it belongs to a car other than a 3rd gen prelude should tell you that it wont fit, even the fact that it's vtec should tell you it wont fit. like cgm12mgc said, even our B series are different than the other B series hondas.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
... and why strap a SOHC head onto the block vs the DOHC head... because of Vtec? ... screw that...., i like not burning oil as i hit high rpm's

doing that swap would make less power than you currently have

oh and... yeah it wont work

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
ludespeed501 said:
what does having over 1500 posts have to do with anything? I dont spend my time in the 3g section...:|
But you should know to use the Search feature... :Rock:

Not a huge deal though, I'll let it slide this time :turn:

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
91PreludeJG said:
any D-series honda engine is a SOHC engine,
Wrong.
There are a number of DOHC D series engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.