Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Sleeved, bored, honed, head surface redone. It wasn't cleaned, so I think I'm going to take it into another machinist myself for hot tanking to get that coolant residue out of there. I've been going back and forth on whether I want to risk painting it just to have it flake off, but since I'm making other efforts to make the engine look nice, I may as well go all the way. The paint will have more than enough time to cure before the engine fires up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A meth habit's probably easier to kick as well. At least those people have support groups.

Today I got some more Prelude to put in my Accord, with a BB6 cluster! I found one (pictured), but then broke it while trying to roll the miles up to match my chassis. Then today I went to check out a BB6 that was being parted out, hoping to buy the trans. That didn't work out, the trans was damaged, but it did have a cluster for me to take a second crack at. I just love how these things look, especially compared to the dated CB cluster. The end goal is a custom cluster to do away with the factory dummy gauges, but at least now I have not only a manual cluster for my transmission swap, but one with a tachometer range more appropriate for my engine.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts