Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

There is a local shop here that does a lot of custom turbo kits. They use all high quality products like Garrett T03/04 turbos. The price would be $2600 installed and I would have to supply the fuel stuff. He said the kit is pushing 5 psi on his Acura Integra GSR. He said it could efficiently go up to 300WHP and the intercooler could go up to 400HP. He said the turbo could support up to 500HP I think. Anyways. I might throw my car at him as a donor car. If I did that he could come out with a turbo kit. How many people would realistically want a kit for their cars?

·
Registered
307 Posts
ChiroLude said:
Hey guys,

There is a local shop here that does a lot of custom turbo kits. They use all high quality products like Garrett T03/04 turbos. The price would be $2600 installed and I would have to supply the fuel stuff. He said the kit is pushing 5 psi on his Acura Integra GSR. He said it could efficiently go up to 300WHP and the intercooler could go up to 400HP. He said the turbo could support up to 500HP I think. Anyways. I might throw my car at him as a donor car. If I did that he could come out with a turbo kit. How many people would realistically want a kit for their cars?
Didnt understand what i read the first time around, 300 in a gsr with that turbo is very feasible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hold on there speedy. Go back and read what you quoted me again...

First of all I said he has a kit on an Acura GSR at 5 psi (has about 50-60 more HP stock than the Gen 3 Ludes)

Second of all, I said the turbo could efficiently put out 300HP.

Since you are a dealer, tell me, how much HP could a Garret T03/04 turbo support? 300 sound reasonable? Could it produce more at a far less efficient rate? Yes and yes.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
what the hell are you trying to argue about?

anyways... Give your car to them, have them produce a small amount of kits, and sell them... see what they come up with.

its always good to have competitors... price's go down everywhere, and you can get the best shit for your money depending on quality or price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not trying to argue anything in my first post. I was just correcting the 2 previous posters on what they thought I was saying. I just wanted to throw out there that my car could be a donor car to get the kit installed, then the company could produce a kit for our cars which are very hard to come by. I know LSD Motorsports produces a kit now, but they are the only ones at this point that I know of and I had to dig to come up with any info on their kits. I just wanted people to know there is another option. Not a better option per say, but another option. It seems to me that people are quick to defend LSD when there was no attack in the first place.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
You had to dig!? Oh no!

Man, having a third gen is all about digging. There is no free ride like there is with a fourth or fifth gen. I'm sure you already knew that. What I'm saying is that we all have to dig for everything. Saying you had to bust your balls a little bit to find out about a turbo kit isn't going to get you any sympathy from anybody who knows anything about a third gen.

--J

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
^amen! i might want a kit in the future. as of now, im broke and in need of new brakes

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I have started to realize this a little bit. But what is wrong with making things a little easier for everyone else?

·
4,348 Posts
Nothing at all. It would be great if we had more options for kits and stuff. It's just that if you don't like digging, you may have bought the wrong car.

--J

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Amen to that, one of the reasons soo many people on here know about these cars! You have to or you die a slow pathetic death!

Import_Tuna said:
You had to dig!? Oh no!

Man, having a third gen is all about digging. There is no free ride like there is with a fourth or fifth gen. I'm sure you already knew that. What I'm saying is that we all have to dig for everything. Saying you had to bust your balls a little bit to find out about a turbo kit isn't going to get you any sympathy from anybody who knows anything about a third gen.

--J

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
i'm sure the only thing he learned is not to post here :lol: were a bunch of blood thirsty, noob hating animals.... Roarrr!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
team123luder said:
will they come to my house and install it? Dude sometimes we must get oily and our knuckles busted to learn something. Don't be surprised if you learn something
Dude, trust me, I have not my fair share of bolt ons. I had an 01 GT that was running 12's naturally aspirated and I installed every single bolt on myself except for the gears. I also had a 91LX 5.0 that was running well into the 11's on nitrous. I have done a better job on other people's rides than my own. The last straw was when I was installing pullies on my 01GT and the crank bolt sheared off. My buddy had to drill and tap that thing out. After that, I decided it was well worth it to have a professional do it right. I tried installing catbacks and they never quite lined up straight, but I took it to an exhaust shop and for $50 they get it all straight with no leaks. I am not very mechanically inclined. I tried, but I ended up messing more stuff up. Thats why I will leave it to the pros who know what they are doing.

Preludesi_2004 said:
i'm sure the only thing he learned is not to post here :lol: were a bunch of blood thirsty, noob hating animals.... Roarrr!!
I have been on far worse message boards than this. I know what it is like to be a noob. Its not like I am in high school and just getting on line for the first time...:smilejap:

·
4,348 Posts
Well, there's no shame in that. Nobody is the shit at everything, although I think some people would have others believe that they are. But what's with all the Mustangs!? Maybe you didn't have good luck with the Fords because the Americans don't yet know how to build cars properly. I'd at least give your Prelude a shot. Maybe not with a turbo kit right off the bat, but I think you'd find that a Honda makes a lot more sense when you're working on it than does a Ford, a Chev, or anything from the land of the free time.

--J

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Import_Tuna said:
I think you'd find that a Honda makes a lot more sense when you're working on it than does a Ford, a Chev, or anything from the land of the free time.

--J

this could not be farther from the truth.

american cars are hella easy to work on.. this forign crap just gets retarded sometimes.

a perfect example is the belt tensioner.

honda's belt tesioner is a total pain in ther ass to adjust and even harder to remove. you got to adjust it all the way out just to get to one of the bolts.

dodge.. you just ramp it back with a prybar.... its spring loaded. takes about 2 seconds to remove a belt and about 20 sec. to remove the assembly.

and the a/c dryer... dont even get me started on that.

and stangs are just as easy to work on.

·
4,348 Posts
Gee. Maybe you have to like them to respect them/understand them. I haven't done a LOT of work on American vehicles, but the ones I have worked on (during my mechanics course) annoyed me to the greatest of all extents. I much prefer pissin' around with a Honda. I don't know why, but to me, it just seems to make more sense. It's not like they just threw it together at the factory all willy-nilly. They actually took a moment to think of the poor bugger who has to fix it when it breaks. I didn't think the Americans were intelligent enough to allow for this sort of consideration beyond the factory level.

--J

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.