Honda Prelude Forum banner
101 - 120 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
the RMF header. you should probably say it doesnt fit preludes.
It does say that on the Original post... Ill make it bigger to see.

Ill find out about the RMF, based off the info I have it just says swapped H series civics and integras, doesnt say which kit.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sorry theres not enough demand for them.

exactly how much demand would you need? Also along with that what would the price range be? This is 1 of the HIGHLY needed aftermarket items for the 3gp being that excuse my french..."peice-o-shitter" (a.k.a. pacesetter) makes them and hedman which is trash also. Please give us consideration! Why not post a group buy for them or I can, but I need info such as prices, and quantity needed if you are willing to do this?

I know I'd throw cash on the table right now for a custom header!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ill talk to the distributor and see what he says.
Awesome, thanks for the fast reply! I just had hit submit, lol. :)

Also, not sure if you are aware, but the 3gp is a non-compatible b-series motor. Both in the b20a5 (2 o2 sensors) and b21a1 (single o2 sensor) formats. I personally, along with many others I'm sure would prefer the single 02 sensor format. Thanks and please let me/us know.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
A couple questions for you 3rd Gen guys... Ive never worked on a 3rd Gen so i have no clue, sorry for the Newb Questions.

A. Does the B20 and B21 have the same header? As in, are they switchable?

B. What kind of ground clearance do you guys have?

As far as price Im not sure how much but once I do find out Ill let you guys know IF we do go through with this.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
A. Yes they both bolt up to the motor the same and are perfectly switchable. The only thing that is different on them is the b20a5 has 2 o2 sensors on the header, where-as the b21a1 has 1 02 sensor on the downpipe,
so as found all over this site, if you get the b21 header you must do a single 02 sensor conversion.

B. Umm, as far as I know with a 4-2-1 design header it unfortunately is our best bet. 4-1 headers probably will scrape and be out of question. I would love to have a
4-1 design, but pretty sure it would eat up the pavement at stock height.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
This is basically the response I received...

This car is old, like the D-series engine for Civics. As you know those cars are cheaper now and so the owners in general is not going to pay for a header that is going to cost them $500/retail or $450. This is simply because these cars are only worth about $1500 - $2000 or so for a 1991 Si model. With the cars being this affordable, most owners are looking for a cheap header, not something that's going to cost them $400-$500. Also As you know, mass production headers means massive quantity. We are making hundreds and sometimes thousands of headers at one time of production run. That means, we need a lot of customers who have these cars that are willing to buy this header. Generally speaking, each production run, we make 300 - 500 headers. At the very least, we have to make 100 headers, to make it worthwhile for raw material cost and labor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Header

How for a b20/b21 headers ? Preludepower price?

Just wanted to introduce my own little company that I started, Powered By BAMF! (Bad Ass Motha F****s!) I am now authorized by the vendor to sell the headers at a discount price for all of preludepower. Im primarily selling headers for B, H and K series but am working on getting more products. I hope to do business with a lot of y'all! My prices are lower than the ones you see on Honda-tech and Ebay so if you see something you like PM me!

I personally do not make the headers, I only sell them. Get the power of a custom header at a fraction of the price!

Prices in green are regular prices. Pm me for Preludepower special price.

For the entire month of July and Augst I will have the following specials. If you see anyone with a lower price, send me a link and I will do my best to beat it. All prices include shipping and paypal fees.

:$500 PM for Preludepower Special Price, Price too low to post!(Price includes shipping and paypal fees)

* Mild Steel CNC-ed Flanges ( high speed polished )
* SUS304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent tubes (16 gauge )
* All ports are ported and polished
* HAND TIG Welded for Strength and durability
* Eliminates catalytic Converter optional *
* Highest Usable Power out of any Race Header
* 2.5 Standard Donut collector
* Weight reduction
* Slip fit designed for easy install and no welding needed for install
* All Ports Paired with Engine Firing Order
* All Power Driven Headers Recommend O2 cel (fouler)
* All header purchases come with free Necessary OEM replacement gaskets
* 1 year full warranty under normal use
* All Private label MFG headers Are FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY, AND NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON PUBLIC HIGHWAYS
Tri-Y H Series:
Private Label MFG H-series Tri-Y header features true step-up exhaust header technology. The Tri-Y header delivers Low-to Mid end power while utilizing a 4 piece design. The 4-piece design maximizes engine compartment space for this exhaust manifold and is ideal for all forms of competition like Autocross, Drag-racing , and Road racing
Recommended for Preludes and swap cars with h-series motors.

4-1 Drag Header: :$500 PM for Preludepower Special Price, Price too low to post! (Price includes shipping and paypal fees)
Private Label MFG Power Driven H-series header features a true 4-1 merge , for more equal exhaust flow, this header delivers the best peak hp gains while utilizing a 1 piece design. This header can be installed utilizing your stock OEM catalytic converter (CAT), but it is recommended that you use it with our test pipe to have the best potential gains.
Recommended for swap cars with H22 Motors

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just installed mine at an exhaust shop. its so nice! but i had to remove the front under brace...

101 - 120 of 194 Posts