Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im about to get a custom exhaust setup for my Lude. Im using a twin loop muffler for the end of the pipe. I am wondering what diameter of piping i should use from the cat back. I know that too much backpressure is bad now. So i want it to have as much exhaust velocity as possible but i dont want it to be REALLY loud.

So should i do a stainless 2.25 piping from the cat back? Or should i up it to 2.5. If i up it to 2.5 do i need to put a resonator in so it doesent sound like a dirt bike?

Im having an exhaust shop custom bend and weld me some pipes and i just want to know what the best diameter would be for my car if i dont want a super loud annoying sound. (Except in the vtec range :turn:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey bro did you end up getting the netami ones or the cheaper version of the twin loop... I'm considering of getting the netami

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just want to take this time to kick a shout-out to all my homies...

my boy Lil' M, my ***** Big Roy, my ***** Big E, my boy Lil' Pistol Packer, my man Lil' Al holdin' it down, my boy Lulu representin' for the AKK squad, my man Big A locked-up at San Quentin State ( I'ma hold it down till you out my ***** ), my man Lil' Zane, and everyone else out there hustlin' for dem dollars keep ya head up ya heard me.

Okay I'm done now... you should be fine with a 2.5-inch exhaust.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I still have my stock piping I'm only changing the muffler for a twin loop... the muffler that I have right now is too loud and ricey.. driving me nuts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i didn't realize stock was 2.25... all these companies sellin catback's with 2.36 wtf? what a rip....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts