Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been posted somewhere at somepoint, but my buddy has a 99 prelude and we're trying to find a how-to on converting his oem headlights to black chrome background. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have searched for about 15+ hours and I can't find anything on it. I've about given up on searching and figured I'd try posting to see if anyone who owns one in this forum did this.

I know you can't buy them for a 5th gen, I know they have them for the 4th gen...mine are already on.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
ludefanatic97 said:
Place headlight in oven at 350 for 7 mins. Then carefully remove headlight with flat head. After that just paint the chrome pieces. Magical?:devil:
exactly :smilejap:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you going to paint the whole headlights black? Or just the housing ring... just be cautious of painting the whole headlights black, you will def loose output, lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
just need a heatgun and just open it up(MAKE SURE TO TAKE YOUR TIME) and tape up

the chrome parts that u dont want painted etc, and just paint semi-black after that just use the heat gun to heat up the glue thats on the frame and reseal the lense and thats it

took me about an hour when i did it for my old 97 accord

about to do my lude soon when i flush the grille

·
Registered
152 Posts
ludefanatic97 said:
Place headlight in oven at 350 for 7 mins. Then carefully remove headlight with flat head. After that just paint the chrome pieces. Magical?:devil:
are you a moron? You don't paint the chrome pieces, you need the chrome for the bulbs to reflect in the housing, otherwise you won't see shit. You paint the bezel that's attached to the lense....

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can't believe someone is considering paint a stock halogen housing BLACK. lmfao.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts