Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rammed into someone with my passenger side front bumper. Its barely messed up, and i went to like 15 different shops they all quoted around $1500! WTF? for a bumper and a bumper reinforcment bar.... ummm and 3 days total installation time. Is this sound right to anyone?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I rammed into someone with my passenger side front bumper. Its barely messed up, and i went to like 15 different shops they all quoted around $1500! WTF? for a bumper and a bumper reinforcment bar.... ummm and 3 days total installation time. Is this sound right to anyone?
post pics of damage.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I replaced mine with an ebay cover and support

·
Registered
139 Posts
i know you need a reinforcement bar and a bumper. i recently purchased a from bumper for my car. i at first looked everywhere to see if there were any good prices online and offline. eventually i came to trust only oem parts so i ordered from hondaautomotiveparts.com but they wouldnt ship it no matter how much i would give them. so i went to a local honda dealer and asked if they could do a price match on the front bumper for what the website was doing so i got a new OEM bumper for 200 dollars instead of 280. also since it comes unpainted i also shopped around and got a quote for 180.

its all about haggling even a honda dealer will try to match prices as long as you treat them with respect and courtesy. hope that helps with atleast one of the two pieces that you need to repair your lude.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
yeah, don't go in, ask for a price, and then skoff and say you can get it cheaper online, parts people hate that, trust me. but if you tell them the situation they may work with you

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
yeah, don't go in, ask for a price, and then skoff and say you can get it cheaper online, parts people hate that, trust me. but if you tell them the situation they may work with you
i should get my dad on this forum - somehow he always manages to squeak out like 2% of any price off lol off of anything - hell it could be something outta coin machiene - how is beyond me

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
i should get my dad on this forum - somehow he always manages to squeak out like 2% of any price off lol off of anything - hell it could be something outta coin machiene - how is beyond me
lmao. dam hes good

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
hahahahahahahaha i work at an auto body shop.......ummm taking a bumper off and havin it sprayied and put back on should never take 3 days unless they have to order parts or something and even at that not $1500!!!!! I would do it yourself......check how much OEM bumper would cost you vs. aftermarket.....you decide price wise

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
hahahahahahahaha i work at an auto body shop.......ummm taking a bumper off and havin it sprayied and put back on should never take 3 days unless they have to order parts or something and even at that not $1500!!!!! I would do it yourself......check how much OEM bumper would cost you vs. aftermarket.....you decide price wise
i got my bumper for no more than 160 at the dealership. of course, that was with my friend's employee discount though. if you are nice enough, they might hook you up. happened to my friend once.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,277 Posts
DIY, screw paying someone else to do such an easy job. It took me 10 minutes to pull my front bumper cover off.

Scope through eBay and look for someone selling a bumper cover, you may find someone is selling one the same color as your car and cut out painting altogether. You should be able to find the reinforcement bar somewhere- a junk yard may have one, or you can eBay that too. If all else fails- order it from Honda.

Hope this helps... i personally HATE the thought of paying a dealership to work on my ride.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I can get you a reinforcement bar for about $100 and an aftermarket OE front bumper for about $90 if you're interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
front bumper

What color is the front aftermarket bumper? and do you have a picture i might actually buy both from you soon.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
The aftermarket bumpers are black when you buy them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts