Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not a casual drip, but just bleeding oil when I turn the engine on.
Kinda coming from the oil filter area, but it isnt, because I just changed the oil and made sure it wasnt coming from the oil filter
:huh:
Ideas?
Might be some kind of seal, like my other car I needed to replace the crank seals, it also bled oil like crazy when the engine was turned on.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
could be the seal behind the oil filter. Can't think of the proper name of it right now. I'd jack up the car, turn it on, and see where about it's coming from exactly

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I had the same problem its called the o ring cooler its a 3.98 dollar fix and its easy
that's what I was thinking about. I changed mine out a few months back

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm... will do.
Just that I have ZERO mechanic skills
lol

Hey brian how hard is it doing it if it was the oring ?

·
Banned
5,085 Posts

#32 in pic.

Part #91316-PT6-003

Or #7 if it is an SH.

Part# 15205-P5P-000

Mike (H4L)

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
hmm... will do.
Just that I have ZERO mechanic skills
lol

Hey brian how hard is it doing it if it was the oring ?
it's not too hard to change out. Probably take about 20-30min

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wubb you guys :D

I'll let ya'll know if anything else comes up.

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
where is that on an SH? is just like the picture, where its right under the oil filter? If it where that it would be a PITA to replace!

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh and any special tools?
Im about to download the manual, and see whats up.

Well... tomorrow or something, Im real lazy right now
:D

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
oh and any special tools?
Im about to download the manual, and see whats up.

Well... tomorrow or something, Im real lazy right now
:D

Only special tool you need comes in a brown bottle labeled Bud Light :tongue2: or was it the clear bottle that says Patron. I can't remember

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only special tool you need comes in a brown bottle labeled Bud Light :tongue2: or was it the clear bottle that says Patron. I can't remember
Well since im under age i couldnt use that but i went through my dads stuff and found some and it made the fix well worth it its easy its like sort off changing your oil filter

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I did mine last year and you need a 30mm socket which not a lot of people have, luckily my dad had it. And no, its not bad at all, I got it done in about 15 minutes and I'm no mechanic at all.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Another thing it could be is that the o-ring from the old filter got stuck on there and now there's 2 so if's not sealing well. Pretty common problem either way

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow, small world I guess, this just happened to me too. I just picked up the part today to replace it. Here's a small write-up I found in case it helps anyone doing this (courtesy of 'lOOkatme' on superhonda.com):

your oil cooler seal is leaking.

there is a rubber gasket that is located between the block and the oil cooler. The oil cooler is what connects the block to the oil filter and cools the oil...(duh).

You need to replace the oil cooler gasket which can be found at a honda store.

quick removal and install guide off the top of my head.

Tools needed

30MM socket and a 1/2" drive.

you do not need to drain the oil in the car...unless its time for an oil change.

- remove the oil filter.
- remove the bolt that holds the oil cooler to the block with the 30MM socket.
- pull cooler out and remove old oil cooler gasket.
- Rub lots of oil onto new oil cooler gasket and carefully install new gasket onto oil cooler.
- Once installed and sticking, carefully place oil cooler back onto block and secure oil cooler to block with your hand.
- Press down on the oil cooler and gasket with pressure on one hand while tightening oil cooler bolt to block. If oil cooler is not held in place...possible pinching of new gasket could take place resulting in rapid oil lose and possible problems.
- after hand tightening the oil cooler bolt....you can remove your other hand and tighten with 30MM socket.
- replace oil filter.

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh nice.
im gonna look under there again tomorrow

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

#32 in pic.

Part #91316-PT6-003

Or #7 if it is an SH.

Part# 15205-P5P-000

Mike (H4L)

sooo loosen 30 mm bolt [#18]
pull #17 off the block and replace seal [#32]?

seems easy enough.
Im doing this Mon or Tuesday, depending how I after work
ha

1 - 20 of 41 Posts