Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to this need some help just bought an 89 prelude si it cranks but there is no spark from the coil on the coil has been replaced I think it's pre coil any advice from you guys would be awsome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm new to this need some help just bought an 89 prelude si it cranks but there is no spark from the coil on the coil has been replaced I think it's pre coil any advice from you guys would be awsome
Its easy to test these guys with an ohm meter. all you need to know is the resistance. You can find the resistance in a repair manual or if you dont have one sometimes they have them on the Autozone website or oreilly. There should be a low (Primary) and high(secondary). If not within spec or close to be out of spec just replace it.
Example for your coil

Part Number: C928 Weight: 1.15 lbs Warranty: Limited Lifetime Coil Color / Finish: Black / Plastic Coil Configuration: HEI (High Energy Ignition) Coil Terminal Type: 2 Female Connector / 2, 2, Male Blade Coil Wire Terminal Attachment Type: 1 Male Spark Plug Cable And Boot Item Grade: OEM Standard Minimum Primary Resistance Range: 1.30 - 1.50 Ohms Minimum Secondary Resistance Range: 9,350 - 11,450 Ohms Package Contents: Component Only Vehicle System Voltage: 12V

1 - 2 of 2 Posts