Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh...well, I have a question.

The pulley belt ring for the alternator/AC has slipped off the crank core. My main concern, is this something normal? It looks press fit, and on my way to a shop where I can fix it. I'm going to try to press it back. Hopefully it wont be permanently broken from here. Heres a pic of what happened.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
The 90/91's used a two-piece crank pulley. It's not normal for it to separate, but has happened to several members. I'd replace it with a pulley from an 88/89 lude if I were you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats what happen to my old lude awhile back...the crank pulley seperated....and no you cant press it back in...just get a used one or an after market light pulley like i did...good luck!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
mines called pull a part and cheap but no preludes in it

·
Registered
799 Posts
its been a long time since ive heard someone call it that.. up here its called a u pull it.
i think pick n pull is the best name though.
im from stockton, norcal FTW!

Stockon pick n pull is heaven, at least 5 nice 89-91 ludes there right now, 3 are 4ws.

Any part I want is there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
PM this member hondaprelude1988s if you wana save a trip to pick and pull. This happend to my car almost 2-3 weeks ago i started a similar thread he said he has an extra one. Mine wasnt that bad just stared to separate then i notice i changed it right before mine would have done that.. Another alternative is on this site http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Aut...339400/580009/ and even though it says SOHC it will work on our cars I have talked to a few members that used this.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Stockon pick n pull is heaven, at least 5 nice 89-91 ludes there right now, 3 are 4ws.

Any part I want is there.
yay!
im glad im moving back then.
you just made my christmas a merry one! lol

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
its a double edge sword, on one hand you can put the one piece on and it will never happen again but you give up the hex on it for the special breaker bar tool.

·
Registered
258 Posts
All you need to use is an impact. Thats what i used because the one i took off at pick n pull had no wholes in it for the tool you need to hold it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
did you take the engine out to get it off?
i dont see any other way.. better bring a cherry picker to the junkyard!

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 90/91's used a two-piece crank pulley. It's not normal for it to separate, but has happened to several members. I'd replace it with a pulley from an 88/89 lude if I were you.

you learn something new everyday. dont mean to thread jack but wats the point of a two piece crank pulley. interchangeability between cars?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
did you take the engine out to get it off?
i dont see any other way.. better bring a cherry picker to the junkyard!
.You just take the drivers wheel off and the front splash gaurd.

·
Registered
557 Posts
the 2 piece pullys were hondas awnser to eliminate vibrations.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
shit thats a new one, well to me anyhow, the worst that happened to me in that department is the crank pulley bolt snapping off shortly after a dumbass mechanic tightened it too much after fitting my cambelt.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts