Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, so as mentioned in the title, I've got a 99 SH that cranks but won't give. When I was driving the car stopped making power out of nowhere and worsened as I downshifted (manual). When I came to a stop it just died. Cranked, but no go. There was a point where it started but I had to keep kicking the throttle to keep it from dying but it was just one instance. Before this happened, I found that I had to give the car gas to get it going because it wouldn't start by just turning the key. Few things to note:
  • New Plugs
  • 12.7 Battery Reading
  • New Fuel Filter
Like I said, if I kick the gas like crazy it actually fires but for like a split second. Anything I could narrow this down to?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alrighty, so as mentioned in the title, I've got a 99 SH that cranks but won't give. When I was driving the car stopped making power out of nowhere and worsened as I downshifted (manual). When I came to a stop it just died. Cranked, but no go. There was a point where it started but I had to keep kicking the throttle to keep it from dying but it was just one instance. Before this happened, I found that I had to give the car gas to get it going because it wouldn't start by just turning the key. Few things to note:
  • New Plugs
  • 12.7 Battery Reading
  • New Fuel Filter
Like I said, if I kick the gas like crazy it actually fires but for like a split second. Anything I could narrow this down to?
Any codes?

·
Registered
34 Posts
May need to pull out a few testers. Id make sure simple things like you're getting proper fuel delivery and spark. My car just a few days just randomly died on me and wouldnt start or would only start for a moment. The coil pack had died... Didnt produce any spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts