Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what other series engine crank pulley will work with a 1996 bb4 h22a p/s and alternator plus boltsize and keyway
as I'm going for a/c delete but not sure if the belts will align I can't seem to find a h22 or a person who would sell 1 seperate PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

·
Registered
528 Posts
All 1992-2002 Accord and Prelude crank pullies will work with the H22, but the H22 pullies have an additional rib so if you go with a non-H22 pulley then you'll probably require a different, narrower alternator belt. Additionally, the Accord/H23 pullies are larger diameter than the H22's (accessory overdrive). You might not have enough adjustment in the manual belt tensioner if you keep the H22 length belt. Match the belt with the pulley and you'll be fine.

Also, the H22 had a different pulley bolt early on. You can compare part numbers to see when it changed. IIRC the newer H22s have a coarser thread pitch. The Accords' bolt went from fine to coarse at some point too (I'm guessing around the time the F23 started being used).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts