Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got MAPP gas to try and get that bolt off and NOTHING! map gas and like 120 PSI of air. i dont know what else to do

has anyone ever used the tool the service manual says to use? does it work?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
we use a special socket that fits in the pully and jam one breaker bar to hold the pully still and another breaker bar with a extension to get the stuborn ones out!

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah that special hodna tool helps alot,waht yur gonna need to do is after u fix teh hodna tool in palce break the crank pulley bolt with a breaker bar, but try to have soemone hold the breaker bar and extensions straight so that when u try to break it free the extensions dont bend up while yur putting force on it. and yur gonna need soemoen strong.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
on my beater accord during my timing belt change I had a friend hold a long crowbar point in the flywheel teeth, wedged against the tranny housing and then I used a 30" breaker bar to get it loose, after soaking the bolt overnight in PB penetrant.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
we had one so tight (out of state car) that with one holding the bar against the body and 2 guys pulling down on a 4ft extension dending the bar! until POP it's loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts