Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys need some info regarding 2.0SI CR ratios can anyone who knows what CR ratio the SI engines had let me know thanks.

Trying to source some pistons the 3G accord SEI ones which are the highest CR ratio are hard as rocking horse poo to find only other ones i can easily get are from 2G SI or 3G accord 86-87 years from LXI engines. I think i need new ones engine is burning a lot of oil and smoking quite badly at idle so think my pistons or rings are shot after 3k miles of hard driving on a block thats allready done 15k hard race miles. Just want to be sure, need car running so only way to do this is to get stock pistons with stock size and drop em in this block with the engine still in the car. Will have to use my red one for a week or so while i fix it. Hopefully if the CR ratio is a little higher might get a few more bhp out of it as well as increased compression from having new rings and a honed bore too!!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
HI guys need some info regarding 2.0SI CR ratios can anyone who knows what CR ratio the SI engines had let me know thanks.

Trying to source some pistons the 3G accord SEI ones which are the highest CR ratio are hard as rocking horse poo to find only other ones i can easily get are from 2G SI or 3G accord 86-87 years from LXI engines. I think i need new ones engine is burning a lot of oil and smoking quite badly at idle so think my pistons or rings are shot after 3k miles of hard driving on a block thats allready done 15k hard race miles. Just want to be sure, need car running so only way to do this is to get stock pistons with stock size and drop em in this block with the engine still in the car. Will have to use my red one for a week or so while i fix it. Hopefully if the CR ratio is a little higher might get a few more bhp out of it as well as increased compression from having new rings and a honed bore too!!

The ones I used were for the 88-89 LXi Accord (and also 89 SEI), and the part number was 13102-PJ0-308 if that helps any. I'm pretty sure these were the higher compression ones. I actually estimated the volume in the piston and could maybe look back and see what it was. Will have to wait until I get home tonight though.

CR for the 87 SI Prelude was only 8.8:1. Part number for that piston is 13102-PJ0-307, which seems to match up with the number for the 86-87 Accord LXi.

Hondapartsdeals.com still lists the higher CR pistons on their website. Not sure if they ship Internationally though. If you really want I could probably order a set and ship them to you. Not sure what it would cost but I could find out.

C|

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pistons

Yeah i know have you got a picture of the 308's Cygnus? And would be great if you can get them still as I'm not having much luck can only get the 307's over here.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Yeah i know have you got a picture of the 308's Cygnus? And would be great if you can get them still as I'm not having much luck can only get the 307's over here.

Here's a couple pics:

If you want me to order a set PM me and we'll work something out.

And I figured 6cc for the dish volume.

C|

1 - 5 of 5 Posts