Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not once but twice in 2 weeks i hit giant pot holes in the different spots on the same road in my town. While the holes were quickly repaired as it is a main street my rims were not so lucky. I dont know if it was the first hit or the second but my front passenger side rim took some rather heavy damage. The lip is bent right down and is actually causing air to leak rather quickly (probably a week to complete deflate). Anywho is it possible to repair rims that have been damaged this bad? Or am i looking at buying a new set? If so, any recommendations? Currently at 17" but it doesnt give you alot of room to play with so i was thinking about going to a 16". Suggestions on sizes and styles welcome. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Costs a good bit to repair a rim, it would probably just be in your best bet to just order one replacement rim to go in the place of that one, unless they all look like crap then just buy new ones if you have the funds. Get pics of you car with the damaged rim. Sorry to hear about you hitting a pothole, I've bent 2 rims that way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you figure there is anyway I could get the city to pay for it? I mean if they dont make this model of rim anymore then im looking at a new set which is going to be atleast 600$.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
wat kinda rims u got??
nah its not the citys fault..lol...they aint gonna pay you for shit..lol..
you should take it to a wheel shop where they repair rims...
Depending on the damage thats how much money ur gonna pay??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i didnt really think the city would. Ill take a picture of it tomorrow. I think its just the lip thats bent down. Hopefully they can just bend it back up. I mean even if it doesnt look perfect, as long as its safe and i dont have to buy new rims right away, ill live with it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
You can get the city to take blame for it if you complain alot but take it to rim shop and see how much then take the bill to the city and start bitchin at them is what i woudl do

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You can get the city to take blame for it if you complain alot but take it to rim shop and see how much then take the bill to the city and start bitchin at them is what i woudl do
and when he means start bitching.. he means start bitching!
throw a fucking fit, threaten to sue, go fucking ape shit on them..
but at first, talk to them calmly, until they tell you to fuck off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
it dosent cost alot to get alum. rims fixed

ive had a couple of sets repaired as i bought them that way and didnt notice the crack untill i removed the tires and washed the rims

the most exspensive set was my panter 17" rims becouse they were magnezim (?)

take them to a local welding shop and see what they can do ( prep the rim by sanding the rim where it needs to be welded and if the rim is cracked drill the head of the crack with a 1/8 drill bit )... worst part will be the repaint of the rim

good luck

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
ROFL AHHH LOL dude that made me laugh so hard lol THX but yea man go ape shit on them lol
and when he means start bitching.. he means start bitching!
throw a fucking fit, threaten to sue, go fucking ape shit on them..
but at first, talk to them calmly, until they tell you to fuck off.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you get stuck replacing all 4, buy 16's and wrap a little tire around them. Even if you get it to look decent, balancing it will be another thing.

Do you have the stocks to throw back on short term?

Maybe take the long way home so your rims don't have to eat white dog crap. (stepbrothers anyone?)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My exgirl mom did the same thing you did and got the city to pay You need to go to a tire store and see if they make your wheel anymore and get a price on one wheel and if they dont make them anymore go get a price on how much it will cost to fix then take it to the city with your price quotes and see what they will do Be NICE to them untell they give you a reason to go apeshit lol If they give you money for a wheel its only going to be for one So dont get your hopes up on geting a new set from them Good luck

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Also get the tire store to wright something down saying the wheel is no longer safe to drive on

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ROFL AHHH LOL dude that made me laugh so hard lol THX but yea man go ape shit on them lol
well, thats how it works.
thats exactly how i do it at stores and such.
at the very least, you getta punk the shit outta somebody cuz their gonna try their hardest to be professional.
its fun and gets stuff done.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
thats the problum with low pros the wheels take all the pain

1 - 19 of 19 Posts